Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Lynnwood company to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Lynnwood, Washington businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may require backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the company phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that enables remote workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced online support for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to use GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or revise the status of their current tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your business to expand your current Help Desk Call Center team by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
At-home workers commonly run their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, implement and manage a compliant security solution that protects sensitive data in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Lynnwood, Washington organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.