Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Lynnwood company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Lynnwood, Washington companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company PBX environment to include remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to deployment expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or revise their current tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers often use their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that protects critical information in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your operations and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune remote endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Lynnwood, Washington company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.