Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Madison organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Madison, Wisconsin organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may require backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting appropriate service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Madison, Wisconsin business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.