Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your San Antonio company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help San Antonio, Texas organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for integrating routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workers to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-edit files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for helping businesses to build, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or revise their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your current Call Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist your company to plan, deploy and administer a modern security solution that safeguards vital data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with advanced credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage problems due to equipment issues, software hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your San Antonio, Texas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.