Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your San Antonio organization to select the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist San Antonio, Texas businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for deploying routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital processes might require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that allows remote workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or edit the status of their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Help Desk staff by sharing delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often run their personal equipment and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your organization to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards sensitive information in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your San Antonio, Texas business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.