Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your San Antonio company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help San Antonio, Texas businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting sensible service packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that enables remote workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them securely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or revise the status of their current tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your current Support Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class IT support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can help your business to design, deploy and manage a compliant security solution that safeguards sensitive information in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, software glitches, human error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from experts familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, see Intune mobile endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your San Antonio, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.