Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your San Mateo organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help San Mateo, California organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate service offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit deployment consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your current Help Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Center services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Remote workers often use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards sensitive information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by remote workers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your San Mateo, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.