Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your San Mateo organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help San Mateo, California companies to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical processes may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, picking sensible service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to deployment expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your business to expand your current Help Desk organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support model based on the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
At-home workers often use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to design, implement and manage a compliant security environment that safeguards vital information in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your San Mateo, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.