Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Salt Lake City company to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Salt Lake City, Utah companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote support for configuring routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Salt Lake City, Utah business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.