Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Jacksonville organization to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Jacksonville, Florida businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital processes may demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the business PBX system to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or edit their active tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your current Support Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, implement and administer a modern security environment that guards critical information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to detect new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Jacksonville, Florida business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.