Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Jacksonville organization to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Jacksonville, Florida businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you must manage a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing services like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, choosing sensible service offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business PBX system to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable online assistance for enabling organizations to create, maintain and optimize integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or edit their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your current Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist your business to design, implement and administer a modern security solution that safeguards critical data in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your procedures and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system problems due to hardware issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision scenarios that require a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, refer to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Jacksonville, Florida organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.