Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Jacksonville company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Jacksonville, Florida businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online help for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company phone system to include telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced online support for enabling businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or revise their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows you to augment your current Support Desk organization by splitting delivery of Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collective support solution based on the leading PSA tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Remote workers often run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your business to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects vital information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security threats for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision scenarios that call for a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Jacksonville, Florida organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.