Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Sarasota organization to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Sarasota, Florida companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you must manage a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business PBX environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that permits remote workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated network models that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or edit their active trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your existing Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to design, implement and administer a modern security solution that protects sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Sarasota, Florida organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.