Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your The Woodlands organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist The Woodlands, Texas companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online support for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for identifying ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, see Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced online support for helping businesses to build, maintain and repair cohesive network models that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or edit the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to expand your existing Call Center staff by splitting delivery of Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class technical support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can assist you to plan, deploy and manage a modern security solution that protects sensitive information in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and control appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, human error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision scenarios that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your The Woodlands, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.