Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your The Woodlands company to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help The Woodlands, Texas organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated and current technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital processes may require backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit deployment consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote support for helping organizations to build, manage and optimize integrated network models that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to check or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your current Call Desk staff by splitting delivery of Help Desk support services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often use their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help your organization to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that guards critical data in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are offline. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your procedures and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage failures due to hardware issues, software hiccups, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to experts familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for safeguarding critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your The Woodlands, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.