Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your The Woodlands company to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help The Woodlands, Texas organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical processes might demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the business PBX system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and repair cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your business to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your company to plan, implement and administer a compliant security solution that protects sensitive data in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage system problems due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate scenarios that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your The Woodlands, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.