Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your St. Paul company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist St. Paul, Minnesota companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated and modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business processes might demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting sensible service packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide online integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected portals that allows remote workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable online support for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you past tough IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your current Support Desk organization by sharing delivery of Support Desk support transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, deploy and manage a modern security solution that protects sensitive data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can help you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your St. Paul, Minnesota organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.