Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your St. Paul company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help St. Paul, Minnesota organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes may demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can help you to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated network models that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A rapid, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to monitor or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model based on the number one PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class IT support to your telecommuters, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your business to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that guards sensitive information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your processes and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your St. Paul, Minnesota company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.