Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your St. Paul company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help St. Paul, Minnesota organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for setting up routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business PBX system to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, see deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent offers affordable online support for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service allows you to augment your current Help Desk Call Center team by sharing delivery of Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and requires careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your company to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that safeguards vital information in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts familiar with a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding critical data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, see Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your St. Paul, Minnesota business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.