Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your West Palm Beach organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist West Palm Beach, Florida businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the business phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from initial service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to check or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your current Call Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collaborative support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class technical support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your processes and policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting corporate information by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your West Palm Beach, Florida business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.