Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your West Palm Beach organization to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist West Palm Beach, Florida organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may demand backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, picking appropriate service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the company phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which could be driven by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or edit the status of their active tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your current Help Desk Call Center team by sharing delivery of Support Desk services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the number one PSA platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Teleworkers commonly run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that guards critical data in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system problems due to hardware issues, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your West Palm Beach, Florida business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.