Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Wilmington organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Wilmington, Delaware organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for integrating routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Line-of-business applications might demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the versatility, transparency and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create secure web portals that enables remote workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to create, manage and optimize integrated network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you past tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or revise the status of their active tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class technical support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
At-home workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to plan, implement and manage a compliant security environment that protects vital data in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your workflows and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online access to consultants familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the devices of your teleworkers, refer to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Wilmington, Delaware company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.