Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Wilmington company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Wilmington, Delaware businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by delivering services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the business PBX system to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used throughout the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced remote support for helping businesses to build, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's support services for Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or update the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your current Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Remote workers often run their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a modern security solution that safeguards vital information in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your procedures and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workers, see Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Wilmington, Delaware company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.