Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Boise organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Boise, Idaho businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications may demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include remote users is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that allows remote workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, refer to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or update the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures and attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows you to augment your current Help Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Call Center services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often run their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist you to design, implement and manage a modern security solution that guards sensitive information in networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect zero-day attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to enable you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants familiar with a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Boise, Idaho organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.