Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Boise company to select the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Boise, Idaho organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote employees to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for setting up home routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the company PBX environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that enables remote workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network models that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive network of online technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to track or revise the status of their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to supplement your existing Call Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often run their own equipment and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your organization to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital data in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures due to hardware issues, software glitches, operator error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that require a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and wipe corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Boise, Idaho company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.