Enlarging your remote workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Boise organization to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Boise, Idaho organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone environment to accommodate remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to maintain your existing conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network models that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help you to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or update the status of their active tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to expand your existing Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support services seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collaborative support model utilizing the leading PSA tool for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
At-home workers often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to plan, implement and manage a modern security environment that protects sensitive data in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are offline. To learn more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system failures due to equipment issues, programming glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Boise, Idaho company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.