Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Edmonton company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Edmonton, Alberta businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online support for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting appropriate service offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that allows remote workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the numerous subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or edit the status of their active tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with complex problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Support Desk organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk support transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to plan, implement and administer a compliant security environment that protects vital information in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your operations and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to experts familiar with a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Edmonton, Alberta business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.