Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Edmonton organization to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Edmonton, Alberta businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service bundles, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company PBX system to include remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that enables at-home workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can share them safely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to jointly author files. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, see Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to get you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, modern Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or update their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows you to augment your current Help Desk organization by splitting delivery of Call Center support transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model based on the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class IT support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Telecommuters commonly run their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your organization to plan, implement and manage a modern security environment that safeguards critical information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control different permissions to various classes of users and to expand your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For information about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Edmonton, Alberta organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.