Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your El Paso organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help El Paso, Texas organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering online support for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for integrating routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide online deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your organization to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which could be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or revise their current tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service allows your company to expand your current Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the number one professional services automation tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often use their personal computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards critical data in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices utilized by remote workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your El Paso, Texas organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.