Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to design, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your El Paso company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help El Paso, Texas businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk services, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical processes may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Expanding the business PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by small and mid-size businesses to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these solutions and deliver as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network architectures that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies based on leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to design, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that guards vital information in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers utilized by remote workers and either block or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, user error, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants familiar with a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding critical information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your El Paso, Texas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.