Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Houston organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Houston, Texas businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated and current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for integrating home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate service packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that allows remote workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to planning and configuration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author files. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair cohesive network models that include physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A sudden, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or revise their active trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to supplement your existing Help Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Desk support seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home workers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your organization to design, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that guards vital data in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with top certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from experts familiar with a wide array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision circumstances that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity consultants can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune remote endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Houston, Texas business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.