Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Houston company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Houston, Texas businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for deploying home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications might demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can help your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-author files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable online support for helping organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and affordable remote contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's support services for Exchange Online, see Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or update their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots or attachments. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your company to augment your existing Support Desk team by sharing delivery of Call Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class technical support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
At-home workers commonly use their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to plan, implement and administer a compliant security solution that protects sensitive data in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for protecting corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune teleworker endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key features of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Houston, Texas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.