Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Alexandria organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Alexandria, Virginia businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Alexandria, Virginia organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.