Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Springfield organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Springfield, Illinois businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Line-of-business applications may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible service packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Springfield, Illinois organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.