Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Springfield company to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Springfield, Illinois organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes might demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing sensible service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Springfield, Illinois business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.