Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your The Woodlands company to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help The Woodlands, Texas companies to with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for integrating home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business applications might require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your The Woodlands, Texas business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.