Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your The Woodlands organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist The Woodlands, Texas businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your The Woodlands, Texas company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.