Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Irvine company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Irvine, California businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online support for deploying home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Irvine, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.