Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Lexington-Fayette company to pick the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting Internet service providers, picking sensible service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the corporate phone system to accommodate teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer high-level support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM manages additional combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful environment of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit files. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to get you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, company-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update their active tickets, add information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to supplement your existing Call Center staff by sharing delivery of Call Desk support services seamlessly between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Telecommuters often run their personal computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can help your organization to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that safeguards sensitive data in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security experts with top credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your processes and policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate information by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, go to Intune telecommuter device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.