Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Lexington-Fayette company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the network infrastructure required for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online support for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Line-of-business processes may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible service offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, visit CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure portals that enables remote workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible endpoints running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or update their current trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your current Help Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class technical support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Teleworkers
At-home workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help you to plan, implement and administer a modern security environment that guards critical information in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by remote workers and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your procedures and policies and assess your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.