Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Lexington-Fayette organization to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky businesses to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for integrating routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, picking sensible service packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits remote workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them safely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author documents. Edits made offline are synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to build, maintain and optimize cohesive network models that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's unified management tools to control and track your GCP environment. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or edit the status of their active tickets, add information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your existing Help Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one PSA platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly use their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to plan, implement and administer a compliant security environment that protects sensitive information in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate devices used by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security inventory software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage problems due to equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized solution for protecting critical data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Lexington-Fayette, Kentucky company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.