Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Lubbock company to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Lubbock, Texas businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you must manage a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for deploying routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that permits remote workers to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, visit integration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them safely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide affordable online assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to get you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home business model, which might be activated by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or update the status of their active tickets, add information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your business to augment your current Help Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your business to design, implement and administer a compliant security environment that protects sensitive data in IT networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by data security experts with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage problems due to hardware issues, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for at-home workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision scenarios that require a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Lubbock, Texas organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.