Expanding your remote workforce may have a significant impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Lubbock organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Lubbock, Texas companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital processes may require backup Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the company PBX environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your existing conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable online support for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to large corporations. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your organization to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests to ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Help Desk organization by splitting delivery of Call Center support seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide world-class IT support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers often use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help you to design, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity environment that guards vital information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers utilized by telecommuters and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be provided by data security experts with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your processes and policies and review your IT architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from experts familiar with a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate scenarios that call for a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for protecting critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Lubbock, Texas business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.