Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your San Francisco company to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist San Francisco, California companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides network managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering expertise that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical processes may require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see CUCM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that enables at-home workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, visit integration consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to build, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of plans designed for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's top source of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your GCP environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A fast, company-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from initial help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or update their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service allows your business to augment your current Support Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers often use their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can assist you to design, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards critical information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your IT architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision scenarios that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for safeguarding corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile devices and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your San Francisco, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.