Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your San Francisco company to pick the right tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist San Francisco, California companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives network managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service bundles, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for sharing information across multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can share them securely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to track or edit their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots or relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables you to expand your current Help Desk Call Center staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that protects vital data in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users and by at-home workers, mobile workers, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both current and older security devices from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your procedures and policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for an at-home workforce must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding corporate information by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, go to Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your San Francisco, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.