Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Appleton organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Appleton, Wisconsin organizations to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated and current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Vital processes might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the company phone environment to include remote users is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from leading vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist your company to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that allows remote workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint support services, go to SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author files. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and optimize cohesive network models that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist your business to assess the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Microsoft Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's support services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or edit their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Call Center staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk support services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Remote workers often run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help you to design, deploy and manage a modern security solution that safeguards vital information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support services, go to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your processes and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to design top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly anticipate scenarios that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for protecting critical information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, visit Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Appleton, Wisconsin company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.