Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Appleton company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Appleton, Wisconsin organizations to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both outdated and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing services like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company PBX system to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build protected web portals that allows remote workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to jointly author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for helping businesses to build, maintain and optimize integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
A sudden, organization-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as part of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or expand their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive network of online IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or revise their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to expand your existing Support Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk services transparently between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Telecommuters often run their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects vital data in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by remote workers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to identify new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by data security professionals with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your operations and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection involves saving and restoring vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting critical data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Appleton, Wisconsin company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.