Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Fargo company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Fargo, North Dakota businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from various vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized remote employees to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for configuring routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to update your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced online support for helping businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network models that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's support services for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft Office 365 integration support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a productive computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an affordable, modern Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or update the status of their active tickets, add details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables you to expand your current Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, go to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters commonly run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that protects critical information in networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, see firewall integration and support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is installed on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and restoring vital information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that require a temporary switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can help your business to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your Fargo, North Dakota company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.