Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Fargo organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Fargo, North Dakota businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you have to manage a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital processes may require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, choosing appropriate service packages, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the business PBX environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to deployment expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and optimize integrated hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud resources. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading suite of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's extensive network of online technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or edit the status of their active tickets, enter details, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Call Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards vital information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new threats at inception. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are offline. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your operations and governance policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to experts familiar with a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision scenarios that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting critical data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your Fargo, North Dakota organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.