Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Los Angeles company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Los Angeles, California businesses to with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to establish a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for configuring routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital processes might demand backup Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the business phone system to include teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to configure these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping businesses to build, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's management technology to control and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or revise their current tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to supplement your existing Help Desk Call Center team by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service uses a collaborative support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security professionals can help your company to plan, implement and administer a modern security solution that protects sensitive information in networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate devices used by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art AI technology to identify new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain secure even when they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and erase sensitive information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Los Angeles, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.