Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Los Angeles organization to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Los Angeles, California businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote support for both outdated as well as current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital processes may demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workers to see and update aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, visit planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote assistance for helping businesses to build, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you through tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and simplify identity control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A fast, company-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or update their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows you to augment your current Call Center team by sharing delivery of Support Desk support seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service uses a collaborative support solution based on the leading professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist you to plan, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards vital data in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices used by an at-home workforce and either block or spot and respond to the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that includes at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, software glitches, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for remote workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly envision scenarios that require a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your company to create, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting corporate data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Los Angeles, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.