Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, tune, and debug IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Petaluma organization to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Petaluma, California organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk augmentation, security and compliance, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from various vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online support for integrating home routers from a range of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Vital applications may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the corporate phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, see Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many companies utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoints. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workers to see and edit aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, see planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them safely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize integrated network models that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Remote Workers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows you to expand your existing Support Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
At-home workers often run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can assist your business to design, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects sensitive data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify new threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced credentials such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for telecommuters must cover diverse types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online help from experts familiar with a broad range of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate circumstances that call for a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting critical information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune teleworker device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized MDM platform that allows network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Petaluma, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.