Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Petaluma organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Petaluma, California companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from major vendors support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your current conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure portals that permits at-home workforce to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, see integration expertise for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network models that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create protected access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to get you through tough IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud integration experts who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A rapid, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or edit their active trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Help Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your telecommuters, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Remote workers often use their personal equipment and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can assist your business to design, implement and manage a modern security solution that guards critical information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to assign and control different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both current and legacy security appliances from all leading vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the disparate computers used by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect new attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your workflows and policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in case of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding critical information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Petaluma, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.