Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Spokane organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Spokane, Washington organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk services, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these products and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter environment for your Spokane, Washington organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.