Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a significant effect on network architecture, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, manage, tune, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Stockton company to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Stockton, California companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow an at-home worker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for configuring routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, picking sensible service offerings, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that permits at-home workers to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, see planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them securely through a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author files. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for customers ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. For information, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for businesses to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to monitor or update their current trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service allows your company to supplement your existing Help Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Call Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, visit Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Remote workers commonly run their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your business to design, implement and administer a compliant security solution that protects critical information in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Modern firewall appliances permit you to assign and control different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices used by an at-home workforce and either reject or identify and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that require a temporary changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Stockton, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.