Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can help your Stockton company to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Stockton, California companies to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complicated if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy and current technologies in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate PBX system to include remote users is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, providing a powerful environment of applications that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure web portals that allows remote workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to deployment expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for helping businesses to build, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure services for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online access to experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to get you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist you to utilize GCP's management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Teleworkers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables you to supplement your existing Help Desk organization by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Center augmentation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to design, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital data in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent supports both current and legacy firewall appliances from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by remote workers and either block or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices remain protected even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security attacks for a network that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by network security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage problems due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized platform for protecting corporate data by controlling onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, verify security compliance, and delete corporate information from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. For information about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, see Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast remote provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Stockton, California company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.