Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Tampa organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Tampa, Florida businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for implement necessary updates. Services available from Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This provides network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote consulting for configuring routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Business-critical processes may demand backup Internet access in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the business phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that allows at-home workers to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange support services, go to integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you go back online. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network architectures that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branches, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over 100 cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure connections to Azure services for at-home workers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help your company to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular collection of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, organization-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be the result of a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity process, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote IT support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to monitor or update their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve advanced issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to expand your existing Help Desk staff by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Center service uses a collective support model based on the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers often run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your business to plan, deploy and administer a modern security environment that protects vital information in IT networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various computers utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify new attacks on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security inventory software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security experts with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, operator mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained recovery and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist you to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized solution for protecting corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Tampa, Florida organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.