Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Tampa company to pick the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Tampa, Florida organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-from-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home work environment can be especially complex if you must manage a mix of personal equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to use IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for setting up home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and security required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A wide range of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has delivered online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist businesses to tune these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that permits remote workers to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, visit integration consulting for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for helping businesses to build, manage and repair cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, at-home workers, branches, and public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration support.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your organization to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Services for At-Home Workers
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which might be motivated by an epidemic or as a component of a business continuity process, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or supplement their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or edit their active trouble tickets, enter details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with advanced problems. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your current Help Desk team by splitting delivery of Call Center support seamlessly between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Help Desk service uses a collective support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that guards critical data in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security professionals with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to design top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from hardware issues, programming glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online access to experts familiar with a broad array of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for permission to access data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To learn about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workers, visit Intune telecommuter device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Tampa, Florida organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.