Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Tampa organization to select the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Tampa, Florida organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance and security issues. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Tampa, Florida company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.