Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Tampa company to select the right tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Tampa, Florida companies to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote support for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for picking Internet service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Tampa, Florida business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.