Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Winston-Salem organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Winston-Salem, North Carolina businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can help you to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and use a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically shared by families and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX system to include remote users is critical to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP platforms are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can assist your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients operating outside the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver as-needed integration and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize multiple products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to data, workflow, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to create protected web portals that enables at-home workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers can retrieve them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to co-author documents. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote support for enabling businesses to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud connectivity, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for at-home workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling customers to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to build a high-availability network model so your employees have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA consultants can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. To learn, go to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be motivated by an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or revise their active tickets, enter information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to augment your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk support transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one PSA tool for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class IT support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
At-home workers often run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your business to plan, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that safeguards critical information in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent supports both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by remote workers and either reject or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your workflows and governance policies and review your network architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for remote workers must cover multiple kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies often envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune remote device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Winston-Salem, North Carolina business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.