Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting SMBs to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Reno company to pick the right tools and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can assist Reno, Nevada businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-at-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online help for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement necessary upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Reno, Nevada organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.