Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of background helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Reno company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Reno, Nevada businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to create a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet connections in the event the normal connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, picking sensible service offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based digital PBX platforms are used by small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online configuration and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to manage your current conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, providing a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to data, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that enables remote workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, see integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can access them securely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers affordable remote support for helping businesses to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and public cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create secure access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a selection of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional assistance to guide you past challenging technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading source of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a from-home workforce, which might be the result of a pandemic or as part of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Call Center by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or revise the status of their active trouble tickets, enter details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex problems. To learn more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables you to supplement your current Help Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Call Center support transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, go to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Teleworkers often use their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that guards vital data in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices utilized by remote workers and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must address multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from experts familiar with a wide range of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly anticipate circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity consultants can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for protecting corporate data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your telecommuters, see Intune teleworker endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Reno, Nevada organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.