Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Reno organization to pick the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent offers support services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Reno, Nevada businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you have to manage a combination of personal hardware such as PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for configuring home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate data center. Vital processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection fails. Progent can provide guidance for identifying service providers, picking appropriate service packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business PBX environment to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco VoIP environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers high-end IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media apps used across the network. CUCM supports additional combined media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to tune your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user interface for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original releases and can assist your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that allows at-home workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit documents. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration experts.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent offers affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that include internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Azure, see Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve maximum business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you through challenging technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. For information Progent's expertise for Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's leading provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify identity management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 desktop support from service requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or revise the status of their active tickets, enter information, and append screen captures or relevant files. Support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center services transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collaborative support model utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home workforce, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Telecommuters commonly use their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist you to design, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both current and older security devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall support services, see firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your workflows and policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that call for a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe corporate information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, refer to Intune mobile endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Reno, Nevada company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.