Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Reston organization to pick the right tools and follow best practices in building and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Reston, Virginia organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote help for both legacy and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online support for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance and security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Business-critical processes might demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for selecting service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home environment for your Reston, Virginia company, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.