Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Reston company to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Reston, Virginia businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware like PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for deploying home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes might demand backup Internet connections in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for At-Home Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco VoIP environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide online deployment and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist businesses to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by offering policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that allows at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, go to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide fast and affordable online support for enabling businesses to build, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network architectures that include physical data centers, at-home workers, branch offices, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular family of cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent can help your organization to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, visit Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
An emergency, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Support Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to check or update their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex issues. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your existing Call Desk team by sharing delivery of Help Desk services seamlessly between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to provide world-class technical support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Call Desk supplementation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Teleworkers often use their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the creation of security policies based on leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help you to design, implement and manage a compliant cybersecurity environment that safeguards vital data in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by at-home workers, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and using advanced machine learning to detect zero-day threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy remote, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your operations and policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for teleworkers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that call for a quick switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing remote computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE remote device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Reston, Virginia organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.