Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Reston organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past occasional technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Reston, Virginia organizations to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to implement a productive telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert online consulting for deploying routers from a range of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput and security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Business-critical processes might demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and integrating redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business phone environment to include remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager expertise, visit Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver on-demand integration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Remote Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a rich ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide affordable remote assistance for enabling organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated network models that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with public cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, see Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting support.
Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to get you through tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management services to make sure your telecommuters have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can assist your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to build a high-uptime network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical apps cloud ready so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also assist your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A fast, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter business model, which could be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support experts combined with world-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to provide an affordable, advanced Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or revise their current trouble tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to resolve complex problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your current Call Center organization by splitting delivery of Call Desk support transparently between your regular IT support staff and Progent's extensive team of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide world-class desktop support to your teleworkers, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can help your business to design, implement and administer a compliant security environment that protects sensitive data in networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security appliances from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers used by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to detect new threats at inception. When an attack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run remote, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with top certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your processes and governance policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to design the highest level of protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in case of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, software glitches, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick remote access to experts familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to create, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for safeguarding critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile devices and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X devices. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune telecommuter endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Reston, Virginia organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.