Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Richmond company to select the right tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Richmond, Virginia companies to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a broad selection of devices including Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Vital applications may require redundant Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your Richmond, Virginia organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.