Enlarging your at-home workforce may have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, optimize, and debug IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Richmond company to select the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you past occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Richmond, Virginia businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Network Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a mix of personal hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT resources located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable a teleworker to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This provides network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering services that include Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical processes may demand backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient work-from-home solution for your Richmond, Virginia company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.