Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Richmond company to pick the appropriate tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Richmond, Virginia businesses to succeed with any aspect of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Help Desk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and current IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making necessary updates. Services available from Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to view and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Vital applications may demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter environment for your Richmond, Virginia organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.