Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on IT infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Rochester company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes collaboration and returns top business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Rochester, New York businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Help Desk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially complex if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software to provide secure VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable an at-home worker to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for integrating routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create performance as well as security issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing services that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking ISPs, choosing sensible service packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for At-Home Workers
Extending the business phone environment to accommodate telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX products are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter VoIP environment that provides the versatility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist your company to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their different partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for other IP video products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
assist your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist your company to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workers to see and edit aggregated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can share them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-edit documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from individuals and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide occasional help to get you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting expertise for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your key apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and simplify access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to use GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, see Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a teleworker workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and follow-up software to offer an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or update the status of their current tickets, add information, and append screen captures or attachments. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve complex problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service enables you to augment your existing Support Desk organization by splitting responsibilities for Support Desk support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support model based on the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for managing service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, tracking progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can enable your business to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
Remote workers often use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist you to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that safeguards sensitive data in networks that incorporate teleworkers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to various groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more complex. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to detect new attacks on arrival. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the infected endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and internal security threats for a network that includes teleworkers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and policies and review your WAN infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in case of storage problems resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a quick changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting corporate information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and wipe sensitive data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Rochester, New York business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.