Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Rochester company to select the right tools and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional technical roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can help Rochester, New York organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk augmentation, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy and current IT products in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology gives IT managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier remote consulting for configuring routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by delivering expertise like Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes may require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, selecting sensible service bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity solutions.
IP Voice Solutions for Teleworkers
Expanding the business phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote IP voice service that provides the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, see Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online deployment and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many companies use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as voice/video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that permits remote workers to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely via a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over 100 services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure access to Azure for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered by subscription. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 integration services.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to run seamlessly with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed assistance to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's support services for Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud integration experts who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-uptime network model so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud ready so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your business to utilize GCP's management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from initial service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update the status of their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced issues. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Supplemental Service allows your company to expand your existing Call Desk organization by sharing responsibilities for Support Desk support services transparently between your in-house IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide world-class IT support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often run their own computers and work in an unsecured area. This increases their vulnerability to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help you to design, deploy and administer a compliant security solution that safeguards vital information in IT networks that include at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage different permissions to different classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration services, visit firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various devices used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art AI technology to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the infected device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to enable you to design the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, human error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide quick remote help from experts familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that require a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can help your company to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager provides a unified environment for safeguarding corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how teleworkers share information, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. For information about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your telecommuters, go to Intune teleworker device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified MDM product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient work-from-home environment for your Rochester, New York business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.