Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Rochester company to pick the appropriate tools and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand expertise for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Rochester, New York businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology allows you to establish a secure tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to configure and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a familiar work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up home routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP integration assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, selecting sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the company phone system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote IP voice environment that delivers the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network architecture to work with these solutions and provide on-demand configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad range of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's consulting services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-driven access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that permits remote workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, refer to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-author files. Edits made offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for helping businesses to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes more than 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and design data backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you create protected access to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and households to major corporations. Progent offers fast and easy online contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to assess the various subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your teleworkers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 integration support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you past tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your business to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your employees have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting support.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's unified management technology to control and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by an epidemic or as a component of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing internal Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of online IT support experts along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables teleworkers to track or edit the status of their current trouble tickets, add details, and upload screen captures or attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Call Center organization by sharing delivery of Call Desk services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver world-class technical support to your at-home employees, go to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Telecommuters often run their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber threats and demands judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to design, deploy and administer a modern security solution that protects critical data in IT networks that include teleworkers.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and control different permissions to various groups of users and to expand your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration services, refer to firewall support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by at-home workers and either reject or spot and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the infected device from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your operations and governance policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring vital data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies commonly anticipate circumstances that require a temporary changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can help your business to produce, document and test a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how telecommuters share data, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your teleworkers, go to Intune mobile endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management platform that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoints current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Rochester, New York business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.