Enlarging your remote workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Sacramento company to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help Sacramento, California companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Setting up the network infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly complex if you must accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering remote help for both outdated as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure connection for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a broad selection of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This technology provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide top-tier online support for setting up home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance as well as security problems. Progent can assist businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business processes might require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide high-level support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager supports additional mixed media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from leading vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help you to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Cisco Webex and for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across multiple sites and on a wide range of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint allows you to build protected web portals that allows remote workforce to see and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting services, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, see integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit documents. Revisions made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and troubleshoot cohesive network models that combine internal data centers, at-home workers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help you to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, visit Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and cloud services are provided in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from individuals and small offices to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help you to evaluate the various subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, allowing customers to create hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can help you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
An emergency, company-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which might be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services leverage Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to track or revise the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and append screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve advanced problems. To learn more, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to supplement your current Help Desk Call Center organization by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support solution utilizing the leading PSA platform for managing service requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your teleworkers, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly use their own computers and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and requires judicious use of firewalls, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security professionals can assist your organization to design, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical information in networks that include remote workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile users, vendors, clients, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall appliances from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your IT architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and restoring critical information in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time in the event of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for telecommuters must address multiple kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically anticipate circumstances that require a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity specialists can assist your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized environment for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and erase sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to administer the devices of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about building and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Sacramento, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.