Enlarging your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, tune, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your Saddle Brook company to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers services that go from as-needed guidance for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Saddle Brook, New Jersey organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home workers to access IT resources situated at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA experts can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products enable an at-home worker to see and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers significant control over the digital environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent can provide expert remote support for integrating home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless AP setup help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications may require backup Internet access in case the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric IP voice products are popular with SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of any size to design or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security required for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM supports other mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, visit CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide online integration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad range of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support online discussions, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent can assist you to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and enhance the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for other Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a consistent user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help your company to deploy these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected web portals that permits remote workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, go to SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers anywhere can share them securely through a web browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are automatically uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for helping businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that include physical data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with public cloud connectivity, identity, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure for teleworkers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers fast and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to run smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide as-needed assistance to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can assist your business to plan, implement, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify identity management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also assist you to use GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
An emergency, enterprise-wide switchover to a from-home business model, which might be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists along with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an affordable, advanced Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or update the status of their current tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a substantial price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support charges, and Progent offers optional rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your business to expand your current Call Center organization by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Supplementation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Remote workers often use their own equipment and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a modern security environment that protects vital information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control different access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every protected endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that includes an at-home workforce. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital data in order to prevent data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, software glitches, operator error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for teleworkers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a quick changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your company to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local computers. Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile devices and applications. Managed endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and networks, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, ensure security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, refer to Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Saddle Brook, New Jersey business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.