Enlarging your remote workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can help your Saddle Brook company to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns top business value. Progent offers support services that go from on demand guidance for getting you over challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Saddle Brook, New Jersey businesses to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be especially challenging if you must manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online support for both outdated and current IT products in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote consulting for integrating routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security problems. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying Internet service providers, picking sensible service bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the company PBX environment to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers high-end telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services such as messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by CUCM. Progent can help you to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice products, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network architecture to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and at-home workers. Many organizations use a mix of conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications platform that enables real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as video calling, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web entities to promote collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-based delivery of content, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that enables remote workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive integration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to build, manage and repair integrated network architectures that incorporate physical data centers, telecommuters, branches, and cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure features more than one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure for remote workers by setting up and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are provided in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can help you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, see Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants are available for as-needed assistance to guide you through tough IT roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your at-home workers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help you to extend your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist your business to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your business to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP environment. For information, see Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting expertise.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
An emergency, company-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery/business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Help Desk Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts along with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC technical support from service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or edit their active trouble tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to expand your existing Support Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly use their own computers and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran team of certified cybersecurity professionals can assist your organization to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and control different access rights to different classes of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall devices from all leading manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or spot and respond to the latest cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is put on every secured endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning to identify new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the targeted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security attacks for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with advanced certifications including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to audit your procedures and governance policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your telecommuters.
Data Protection for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage problems due to hardware issues, software glitches, human mistakes, malware, or any other reason. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must address multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online access to consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision circumstances that require a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help your company to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and erase corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the devices of your at-home workforce, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network managers to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Saddle Brook, New Jersey business, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.