Enlarging your at-home workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Saddle Brook organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Saddle Brook, New Jersey organizations to with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure needed for a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned hardware like PCs and notebooks, routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for making necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- VPN technology makes it possible to establish a secure tunnel for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable a telecommuter to see and use a remote computer's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach at-home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert remote support for deploying routers from a range of vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes might require backup Internet connections in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking ISPs, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Solutions for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate phone environment to include remote users is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric digital PBX products are used by SMBs to support telecommuters. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco VoIP systems to handle a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, see Cisco CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing products from major technology companies support online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both local workers and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can help your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams and for other Microsoft 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office suites, offering a rich environment of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting support for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first releases and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that permits at-home workers to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, visit deployment consulting for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can access them securely via a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote employees to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote support for helping businesses to create, maintain and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure includes over 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are provided in a selection of plans intended for customers ranging from students and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy remote access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your teleworkers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your telecommuters have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other popular cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network model so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, from home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and track your GCP environment. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for At-Home Workers
A sudden, organization-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all facets of online Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows from-home workers to monitor or revise their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots or relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service rates, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with complex problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows your business to augment your existing Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your in-house IT support personnel and Progent's extensive pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Call Desk service uses a collective support model based on the leading professional services automation (PSA) tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Services can help your company to provide best-in-class desktop support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
At-home workers often use their own equipment and work in a physically unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and demands careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can assist you to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network environment that can be securely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration services, go to firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by telecommuters and either block or spot and respond to modern cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using advanced behavioral threat analysis to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your procedures and governance policies and assess your network infrastructure to enable you to implement top-level security for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering critical information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to hardware breakdowns, software glitches, user error, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick online help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate circumstances that require a quick switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for safeguarding critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push updates and certificates, set up rules for permission to access information and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe corporate data from missing, stolen or deactivated devices. Intune runs with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, go to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery technology for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site product via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air deployment of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud products. For details about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home environment for your Saddle Brook, New Jersey business, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.