Expanding your at-home workforce can have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and company processes. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and debug IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can assist your Salem organization to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to full project management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Salem, Oregon companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home workforce can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing remote help for both outdated as well as modern technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to help your company to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a secure connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, local wireless connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier online consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and visitors, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Mission-critical processes may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring high-availability Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the company phone environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP management. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide advanced support to help businesses tune their existing Cisco VoIP environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends advanced IP telephony features to devices such as IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and multimedia apps used across the network. CUCM manages additional mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with clients operating outside the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to expand your wide area network architecture to support these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local users and telecommuters. Many companies utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with capabilities that include IP voice and video conferencing, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a powerful environment of applications that deliver a consistent user interface for exchanging information throughout multiple sites and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that enables at-home workforce to view and update aggregated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, visit SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to deployment consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to jointly author files. Edits made offline are automatically synced when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting services for OneDrive, see Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Public Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for enabling organizations to build, manage and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include internal data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters resolve problems with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for cloud software and services that allows you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and key applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers over 100 cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure connections to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for users ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide fast and easy online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 apps for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for as-needed help to get you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To find out Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, see Office 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud arena and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to plan, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist you to create a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can help your business to scale your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can help your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for at-home workers with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to use GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, company-wide transition to a telecommuter business model, which might be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Call Center services allow businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists along with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or update their active tickets, add details, and upload screenshots or relevant files. Support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve advanced problems. For more information, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to expand your existing Help Desk organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk support services transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class technical support to your telecommuters, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Teleworkers often run their own computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and requires judicious deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies based on best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your organization to design, deploy and administer a compliant security environment that safeguards vital data in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy firewall appliances from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall support expertise, see firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning and full execution context to identify zero-day attacks at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately isolates the impacted endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are not connected to the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all types of outside and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security holes that can be found via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be provided by security experts with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to audit your operations and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to design top-level protection for your teleworkers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage system problems resulting from hardware breakdowns, software hiccups, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide range of products for backing up Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery products supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically envision circumstances that call for a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can help your business to produce, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting corporate information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and authenticate applications on managed devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, verify security compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workforce, visit Intune mobile device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Top features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, go to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about building and managing a productive work-from-home solution for your Salem, Oregon company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.