Enlarging your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of background helping businesses of all sizes to plan, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Salem organization to select the appropriate tools and adhere to best practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for helping you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Salem, Oregon organizations to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Help Desk services, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of vendors and with a mix of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote help for both legacy as well as modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for implement essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network technology makes it possible to create a secure connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets located at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, local wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online support for configuring routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by the whole family and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless access point setup help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Line-of-business processes might demand backup Internet connections in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for picking Internet service providers, picking appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the corporate PBX environment to include telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are used by SMBs to server telecommuters. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or maintain a remote IP voice environment that provides the versatility, convenience and protection needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts can provide high-level support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. CUCM manages other mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager deployment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to work with these VoIP solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading vendors enable virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and information with features such as video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to enable collaboration and knowledge delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of data, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to create protected web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange expertise, see integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can save files to OneDrive, and colleagues can access them safely through a browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are synced when you go back online. For information about Progent's support services for OneDrive, go to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent offers affordable remote support for enabling organizations to build, manage and optimize cohesive network architectures that combine internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all types of public cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers fix problems with cloud connectivity, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers fast and easy online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your telecommuters to achieve top business value. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing customers to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you through challenging IT bottlenecks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For information Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, go to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and simplify access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and track your Google Cloud environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide switchover to a teleworker workforce, which could be the result of an epidemic or as an element of a business continuity plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations to outsource or supplement their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk support services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support experts combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from initial service requests through ticket generation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or revise their current tickets, add details, and append screen captures and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to deal with advanced issues. For more information, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to augment your existing Help Desk Call Center team by splitting responsibilities for Call Desk support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Center service is based on a collaborative support solution based on the leading PSA tool for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Teleworkers
Telecommuters commonly run their own equipment and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies in compliance with leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security experts can help your company to plan, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects sensitive information in IT networks that incorporate an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely accessed by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Modern firewall devices allow you to assign and control different access rights to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and older firewall devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify new attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the infected endpoint from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, refer to remote endpoint security monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for quickly and affordably uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security experts with top credentials including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your WAN architecture to allow you to implement the highest level of security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves backing up and restoring critical data so as to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery strategies for an at-home workforce must address diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a broad range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud storage and includes fine-grained restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans typically envision circumstances that require a rapid changeover to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified solution for protecting corporate information by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive data from missing, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, visit Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network managers to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises deployment via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and managing a productive telecommuter solution for your Salem, Oregon organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.