Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Salem company to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a secure virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers top business value. Progent can provide services ranging from on demand guidance for getting you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Salem, Oregon businesses to with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, data security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed to support a remote workforce can be particularly complex if you must manage a combination of personal hardware like PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and wireless APs from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online help for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a safe tunnel for authenticated at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices including Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to see and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide expert online consulting for setting up routers from a range of vendors. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by delivering expertise like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company data center. Mission-critical applications might require backup Internet connections in case the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for picking Internet service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and configuring redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Integration for Telecommuters
Extending the company phone environment to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's modern or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media applications used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services such as unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can assist you to support your current CallManager environment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, see Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users operating outside the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your wide area network architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major vendors enable online meetings, video conferencing, chat, and screen sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports presence, IM, voice and video conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build secure web portals that permits at-home workforce to see and update aggregated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To find out about Progent's SharePoint support services, see SharePoint integration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to integration consulting services for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can retrieve them securely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to co-edit documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers advanced online support for helping organizations to build, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network architectures that include internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all types of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix issues with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure offers more than one hundred cloud-based services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create protected access to Azure for teleworkers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of client productivity applications and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans designed for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible clients running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Office 365 integration services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to get you through challenging technical bottlenecks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can assist your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to build a high-availability network architecture to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist you to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your at-home workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also help you to utilize GCP's unified management tools to administer and track your Google Cloud environment. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for At-Home Workers
A fast, company-wide switchover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of remote IT support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking technology to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to monitor or update their active trouble tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures and relevant files. Desktop support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Support Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your existing Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Support Desk support transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for handling help requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your from-home workers, see Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Teleworkers
Telecommuters often use their own equipment and work in an unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands careful deployment of firewalls, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified cybersecurity experts can assist your company to design, deploy and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that guards critical data in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to build a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to assign and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and older security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall integration expertise, see firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers utilized by at-home workers and either block or spot and mitigate modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is installed on every protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art machine learning to detect zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM instantly isolates the impacted device from the corporate network to contain the malware. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of outside and local security threats for a network that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can run online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and affordably detecting a broad range of security weaknesses that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be provided by network security experts with top certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist your business to evaluate your processes and policies and review your network architecture to enable you to design top-level security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system problems due to equipment issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity specialists can assist you to produce, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and securing off-premises devices and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can use Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push updates and certificates, configure rules for permission to access information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat defense, ensure security compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune works with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. For details about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist you to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your telecommuters, refer to Intune teleworker device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized MDM product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoints up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Salem, Oregon business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.