Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Salinas company to pick the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide services ranging from as-needed guidance for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Salinas, California businesses to with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk outsourcing, security and compliance, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you must accommodate a combination of personal hardware like desktop computers and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from various vendors and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing online support for both legacy and modern technologies in virtual office solutions allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT resources situated at your corporate data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can help your remote workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a telecommuter to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for setting up routers from all major vendors. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are frequently utilized by telecommuters to connect to their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security issues. Progent can assist you to resolve these problems by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point integration help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical processes might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume bundles, and configuring fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity solutions.
VoIP Integration for Remote Workers
Expanding the corporate PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric IP voice platforms are used by SMBs to server remote users. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy IP voice products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and debugging expertise.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A broad selection of video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations use a mix of products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to set up and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video sessions. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus editing and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for other Office 365 products, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their first publication and can help businesses to deploy these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-driven delivery of content, workflow, and tools for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build secure portals that permits remote workforce to see and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange support services, refer to planning and configuration expertise for Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them securely through a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you go back online. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for At-Home Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that include physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus cloud services. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers fix issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure offers more than 100 cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can assist your organization to set up VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and design backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and services are provided in a variety of plans designed for customers ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers in a way that delivers top business value. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting expertise.
Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to guide you through challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Microsoft Azure. Progent also can provide access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to assist your company to build a high-availability network architecture so your employees have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the road. To find out about Progent's support services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular set of cloud computing services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can help your business to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline identity management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and track your GCP ecosystem. To find out, refer to Google Cloud Platform integration support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Remote Workers
A rapid, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker business model, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as a component of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Help Desk. Progent's Call Center services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or supplement their Call Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services utilize Progent's extensive network of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from service requests to trouble ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to check or revise their current tickets, add information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Desktop support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers optional fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex issues. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your existing Help Desk team by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support services seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a co-sourcing support model utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for managing help requests and trouble tickets, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For information about how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for Telecommuters
Teleworkers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for careful use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to plan, deploy and manage a modern cybersecurity environment that protects sensitive information in networks that incorporate remote workers.
- Firewalls allow you to create a network that can be safely utilized by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices allow you to configure and manage appropriate access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly complex. Progent supports both new and legacy security devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to track the various computers used by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on each secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify new threats on arrival. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the targeted device from the network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints stay secure even if they are offline. For details about ProSight ASM, see remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all types of external and internal security threats for an environment that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for quickly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be provided by network security professionals with advanced credentials such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to evaluate your processes and policies and assess your IT infrastructure to allow you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time and effort in case of storage failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that incorporate in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for at-home workers must cover multiple types of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore products maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up data distributed across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and features granular recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often anticipate scenarios that require a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of moving to telecommuting.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager features a unified solution for safeguarding critical information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing remote computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of teleworkers can utilize Intune to provision and validate applications on devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how teleworkers share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete corporate data from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, go to Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management product that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Salinas, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.