Expanding your remote workforce can have a significant impact on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company culture. Progent has two decades of background assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Salinas organization to select the right tools and follow leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand guidance for helping you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Salinas, California businesses to with any aspect of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly complicated if you must accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Services available from Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a secure tunnel for authorized at-home employees to use IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA experts can assist your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect client software for secure VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products enable an at-home worker to view and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from a range of manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by an entire household and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by providing services that include Cisco Aironet integration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Mission-critical applications may require redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet access. See Internet connectivity integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Salinas, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.