Expanding your at-home workforce can have a major impact on IT infrastructure, cybersecurity, and corporate culture. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your Salt Lake City organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual office ecosystem for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and returns top business value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can assist Salt Lake City, Utah companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as desktop computers and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote help for both outdated as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to establish a secure connection for authorized remote workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For businesses with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN tunneling for a broad range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for setting up routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can create throughput and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet access methods impact the performance and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the primary connection fails. Progent offers expertise for identifying ISPs, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume offerings, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Teleworkers
Expanding the business phone system to accommodate remote users is critical to maintaining a productive at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of all sizes to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that delivers the flexibility, convenience and security needed for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends advanced telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia applications deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services like unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's CUCM support, see Cisco Unified CM consulting services.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can help you to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, refer to Cisco CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their different partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications product that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to configure and maintain Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for iOS and macOS computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for most computing devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based capture, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex as well as for other video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include video conferencing, persistent chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging services for these products and
help you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's popular Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich ecosystem of applications that create a consistent user experience for exchanging information across a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial releases and can help businesses to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, workflow, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint allows you to build protected portals that enables at-home workforce to view and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint expertise, go to SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting expertise, go to deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers can access them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows at-home employees to co-edit files. Revisions made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. For information about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide fast and affordable remote support for enabling organizations to create, manage and repair integrated hybrid network models that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help at-home workers resolve issues with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of public cloud software and services that allows you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and critical applications running on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and design data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting services for Azure, refer to Azure expertise.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and services are marketed in a variety of bundles intended for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable remote access to consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoints based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to assess the various subscription bundles offered with Microsoft 365 and configure 365 apps for your remote workers in a way that delivers top business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 consulting support.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used applications in the Office 365 product product suite. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional assistance to guide you past tough IT roadblocks and can also provide end-to-end project management services to ensure your remote workers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online integration and support expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's leading source of cloud services. Progent offers fast and affordable online contact with cloud connectivity consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other popular cloud platforms such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to build a high-availability network model to make sure your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, see Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading collection of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key applications cloud ready so your remote workers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with Google Cloud Storage, and streamline identity control for remote workers with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent's consultants can also help your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud ecosystem. To find out, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting support.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as part of a business continuity plan, can overwhelm even the most efficient internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for organizations of any size to outsource or augment their Support Desk by using Progent's remote Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk services leverage Progent's nationwide network of online IT support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an affordable, advanced Help Desk Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to check or edit their active trouble tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. For details, go to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to expand your current Support Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center services transparently between your regular support organization and Progent's nationwide pool of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation tool for managing help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver world-class IT support to your at-home employees, visit Progent's Support Desk supplementation Services.
Security and Compliance for Remote Workers
Teleworkers commonly use their own computers and work in a physically unsecured environment. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and demands careful use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies based on best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, deploy and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards critical information in networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be safely accessed by on-premises users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, vendors, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to configure and manage different access rights to various groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your business evolves and as network attacks grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it easy to track the various devices used by teleworkers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, monitoring all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect zero-day attacks at inception. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the targeted endpoint from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your network to all classes of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates telecommuters. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit consulting services, which can be managed by network security experts with advanced certifications such as CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your network architecture to allow you to design top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Teleworkers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and restoring vital information so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment breakdowns, programming glitches, operator error, malware, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Restore strategies for teleworkers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants familiar with a broad array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection experts include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate scenarios that call for a quick switch to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that includes the process of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding corporate data by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting off-premises computers and applications. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of at-home workers can utilize Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, create VPN connections, control how teleworkers share information, establish threat protection, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, visit Intune remote device management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that helps network managers to keep off-premises endpoints current and protected. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Key features of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. For information about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Salt Lake City, Utah organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.