Expanding your remote workforce can have a major effect on network infrastructure, security, and corporate culture. Progent has 20 years of experience helping businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your Salt Lake City organization to select the right technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns top value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed expertise for helping you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent can help Salt Lake City, Utah companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must manage a combination of personal equipment like PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background delivering online help for both outdated as well as current technologies in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement necessary updates. Support services available from Progent to assist you to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated remote employees to access IT resources located at your company data center or in the cloud. Progent can assist your company to configure and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your remote workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms enable a telecommuter to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect at-home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier remote support for deploying routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting an entire household and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to access their router for work. This can cause throughput as well as security problems. Progent can help businesses to resolve these problems by providing services like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup help.
- Internet connectivity solutions affect the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Business-critical processes may demand redundant Internet access in case the primary connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for picking ISPs, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating fault-tolerant Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
VoIP Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the business PBX system to include teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based digital PBX products are used by SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to plan or tune a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help businesses optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other mixed media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM expertise, visit CUCM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been superseded by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice platforms, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to update your WAN infrastructure to support these VoIP solutions and deliver online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent's communications experts can assist you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that enables presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and macOS devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer versions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus editing and playback for future reference. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
assist your business to tune your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that deliver a cohesive user interface for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoints. Progent has provided remote consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their original publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to promote collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to content, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that allows at-home workforce to see and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, visit SharePoint configuration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange expertise, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud file hosting and synchronization service, similar to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can retrieve them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive allows home employees to co-author documents. Edits created offline are automatically synced when you go back online. To learn about Progent's support services for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration experts.
Public Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and optimize integrated hybrid network models that include internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus cloud services. Progent offers expertise for all types of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help telecommuters fix problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key applications running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than 100 cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you create secure access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, refer to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity applications and cloud-based services available on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and small offices to major corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Microsoft 365 and configure 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting services.
Exchange Online is among the most widely used applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the benefits of reduced spending for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate smoothly with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange experts can provide as-needed help to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to make sure your remote workers have convenient and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, visit Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and economical online contact with cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help you to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a consistent computing experience whether they are working from your headquarters, a branch office, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration services.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your organization to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database experts can help you make your key apps cloud ready so your telecommuters can benefit fully from Google Cloud services. Progent can assist your business to set up virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and simplify access management for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to utilize GCP's unified management technology to administer and monitor your GCP environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Services for Remote Workers
A sudden, company-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be driven by a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or supplement their Help Desk by using Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk services leverage Progent's extensive team of remote technical support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Help Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial help requests through trouble ticket generation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to check or edit the status of their current tickets, add information, and append screenshots and relevant files. Technical support services are provided at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical service rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. For more information, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service allows you to expand your current Call Desk team by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your in-house IT support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service uses a collaborative support solution utilizing the number one professional services automation (PSA) platform for handling service requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, tracking progress, and generating management reports. For details about how Progent's Support Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class desktop support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Remote Workers
At-home workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your organization to plan, deploy and manage a compliant cybersecurity solution that safeguards vital data in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to build a network environment that can be securely utilized by local users and by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and older security devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by an at-home workforce and either block or identify and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a lightweight software agent is put on each secured endpoint, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to detect zero-day threats on arrival. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay protected even if they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all types of outside and local security attacks for an environment that incorporates at-home workers. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity analysis software for rapidly and economically uncovering a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by network security professionals with top credentials including CISM, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your processes and governance policies and review your IT infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in case of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, software hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid networks that incorporate local data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as laptops, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Leading backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies often anticipate circumstances that call for a rapid changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning consultants can help you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized platform for protecting critical information by controlling local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to deploy and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing data and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, see Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment via a one-time purchase. Top capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of new laptops, quick onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, aggregated reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud-based products. For information about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter solution for your Salt Lake City, Utah company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.