Expanding your at-home workforce may have a major effect on IT architecture, cybersecurity, and company processes. Progent has two decades of background helping SMBs to plan, deploy, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Salt Lake City organization to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in creating and maintaining a safe virtual ecosystem for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for helping you past challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can help Salt Lake City, Utah businesses to with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you must accommodate a combination of personal equipment like PCs and laptops, routers, and wireless appliances from different manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe tunnel for authenticated remote employees to access IT assets located at your company datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing remote VPN integration support. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and use a remote computer's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the computing environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a familiar experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting families and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create throughput and security issues. Progent can help you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise like Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. Refer to Internet access integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for an At-Home Workforce
Extending the business phone system to accommodate telecommuters is vital to supporting a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or older platforms for IP voice management. Progent can help businesses of any size to plan or tune a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the versatility, transparency and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to CUCM consultants.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can assist you to maintain your current CallManager environment or upgrade smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients operating beyond the corporate perimeter
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and deliver as-needed integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from major vendors enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many organizations utilize multiple conferencing products to meet the needs of their various partners and clients. Progent can help you to maintain your existing voice/video conferencing environment and optimize the productivity of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling app for compatible iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session recording, plus revision and playback for training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and troubleshooting expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a rich environment of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for sharing information across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided remote consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can help your company to tune these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based access to data, workflow, and utilities for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build protected portals that enables at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange support services, go to integration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home workers to jointly author documents. Edits made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for helping organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, remote workers, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers fix issues with cloud access, identity, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud software and services that enables you to use infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure includes over one hundred services services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data protection. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure expertise.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services available on a subscription basis. Microsoft apps and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable online contact with experts familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve maximum business value. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Office 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the benefits of reduced spending for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate seamlessly with local deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for as-needed help to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Office 365 Exchange Online deployment. To learn Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, go to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud market and is the industry's biggest source of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to plan, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a remote branch, from home, or on the road. For details about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a leading set of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your organization to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage services, and streamline access management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also assist your organization to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your GCP environment. For information, refer to Google Cloud Platform consulting support.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A sudden, company-wide changeover to a telecommuter business model, which could be driven by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even the most efficient in-house Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide network of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to offer an affordable, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows teleworkers to monitor or update their current tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT specialists to resolve complex problems. To find out more, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your current Support Desk team by splitting delivery of Help Desk Call Center support seamlessly between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive pool of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's shared Help Desk Call Center service uses a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading PSA tool for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. To find out how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can help your business to provide world-class IT support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Support Desk augmentation Services.
Security for At-Home Workers
Remote workers commonly use their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified cybersecurity professionals can help your company to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that guards vital information in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by on-premises users and by an at-home workforce, mobile workers, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall appliances allow you to configure and control different permissions to different groups of users and to scale your IT network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as network attacks grow more complex. Progent supports both new and older firewall devices from all major vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, visit firewall integration and support services.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and respond to the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is installed on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to detect new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight ASM agent is autonomous, endpoints remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, visit remote endpoint monitoring for an at-home workforce.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be provided by data security experts with advanced credentials including CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your processes and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement top-level protection for your remote workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
Data Protection involves saving and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage system problems resulting from equipment issues, software glitches, operator mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be particularly difficult to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine in-house data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast online access to consultants knowledgeable about a broad range of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktops as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data distributed across a wide area network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that uses cloud-based storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans often anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid switch to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can assist your company to develop, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the process of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management platforms under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a unified platform for protecting corporate information by managing onsite, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Managed endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for permission to access information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share data, set up threat defense, ensure compliance, and erase sensitive information from lost, stolen or decommissioned endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune runs with Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To learn about Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workers, see Intune mobile device management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that helps network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices current and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-site product through a perpetual license. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of out-of-the-box notebooks, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management consultants.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home environment for your Salt Lake City, Utah business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.