Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on IT infrastructure, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your San Diego UCSD organization to pick the right tools and adhere to best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and delivers top business value. Progent offers services ranging from on demand expertise for getting you past challenging technical roadblocks to comprehensive project management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help San Diego UCSD, California businesses to with any facet of building a high-functioning work-from-home environment by delivering network infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk services, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and unified management.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Remote Workers
A broad range of video conferencing products from major vendors support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite workers and teleworkers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to manage your existing voice/video conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video calling and conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to deploy and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime allow as many as 32 simultaneous users for video sessions. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's support services for Webex and for other video conferencing products from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with capabilities such as IP voice and video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Teams and for additional Microsoft 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to tune your WAN infrastructure to host them.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your San Diego UCSD, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.