Expanding your remote workforce can have a major impact on network architecture, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, deploy, manage, optimize, and debug IT environments that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your San Diego UCSD company to select the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that promotes collaboration and delivers top value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist San Diego UCSD, California companies to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing work-at-home environment by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, Call Desk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Setting up the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be particularly complex if you have to accommodate a mix of personal hardware like desktop computers and notebooks, routers, and wireless appliances from various manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background providing remote support for both outdated as well as current IT products in remote office solutions allows you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist your company to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a safe connection for authorized remote workers to access IT resources situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to configure and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your key network resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can assist your at-home workers to utilize Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN connections for a wide range of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology provides IT managers substantial control over the computing ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, home Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers expert remote support for configuring home routers from all major vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wireless networks, typically supporting families and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these issues by delivering expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate data center. Vital processes may demand backup Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide guidance for picking ISPs, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up redundant Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining a productive telecommuter solution for your San Diego UCSD, California business, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.