Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant effect on network infrastructure, security/compliance, and company culture. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your San Diego organization to pick the appropriate technologies and adhere to leading practices in building and operating a safe virtual solution for teleworkers that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical tasks.
Progent can assist San Diego, California organizations to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-at-home ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, Call Desk services, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly complicated if you have to manage a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and laptops, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience delivering online support for both legacy as well as modern technologies in remote office venues enables you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to expertise for making essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a secure connection for authorized remote employees to access IT resources located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN connections for a broad range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and use a data center PC's desktop. This gives IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI solutions.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for integrating home routers from all major manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wireless networks, often supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by telecommuters to access their Internet router for work. This can create performance and security problems. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these issues by providing services like Cisco Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods impact the speed and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital processes may require redundant Internet connections in the event the primary connection fails. Progent offers guidance for selecting ISPs, choosing appropriate service offerings, and configuring redundant Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
IP Voice Solutions for At-Home Workers
Extending the corporate PBX environment to include teleworkers is vital to maintaining an effective work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-centric digital PBX platforms are used by SMBs to support remote users. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or older platforms for VoIP management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or tune a telecommuter IP voice environment that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection required for teleworkers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco IP voice systems to handle an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM or CUCM) delivers advanced telephony capabilities to devices like IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. CUCM manages other combined media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and team interaction networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To learn about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable integration with PSTN networks and with users working outside the corporate firewall
such as telecommuters. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online deployment and debugging expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A broad range of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies enable online meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple products to meet the needs of their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current voice/video conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist you to configure and manage Skype for Business client software to support your remote workforce. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex and for other IP video solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a hub for conferencing, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video calling, persistent threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Teams as well as for other Office 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and troubleshooting services for these products and
help you to tune your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Software for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging data and ideas throughout multiple sites and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for SharePoint and Exchange since their first releases and can assist your company to deploy these critical collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information delivery by providing policy-based access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that allows at-home workforce to see and update consolidated corporate intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, visit deployment consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to OneDrive, and colleagues anywhere can share them safely via a browser. Provided with Office 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, refer to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent can provide advanced online support for enabling businesses to create, manage and repair integrated network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of public cloud service delivery such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers fix problems with cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a popular platform for public cloud services that allows you to utilize IT infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over 100 services services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for remote workers by setting up and debugging firewalls and VPN tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity applications and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and cloud services are marketed in a variety of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and households to major enterprises. Progent can provide quick and easy remote contact with consultants familiar with Office 365-compatible client devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product product suite. Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower costs for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other advantages associated with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's Exchange experts are available for occasional help to get you through challenging technical roadblocks and also offer comprehensive project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your business to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to build a high-uptime network architecture so your users have a productive computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help you to expand your existing IT assets with the Google Cloud, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud ready so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can help your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify access management for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help you to utilize GCP's management technology to control and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Services for Teleworkers
A fast, organization-wide switchover to a telecommuter workforce, which could be the result of a pandemic or as a component of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed internal Support Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses to outsource or supplement their Call Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class ticketing and tracking software to offer an economical, state-of-the-art Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 PC technical support from help requests to ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to track or revise their current tickets, enter information, and upload screen captures or attachments. Support services are provided at a significant price reduction off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support experts to deal with advanced issues. For details, refer to Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Center Augmentation Service allows you to augment your current Support Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive team of PC support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a collective support model utilizing the number one professional services automation platform for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and producing management reports. To learn how Progent's Help Desk Supplementation Services can help your business to deliver best-in-class technical support to your at-home employees, refer to Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
Remote workers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for judicious deployment of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security professionals can help your company to plan, implement and manage a compliant security solution that safeguards critical information in IT networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network environment that can be safely utilized by on-premises users and by telecommuters, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different permissions to various classes of users and to scale your IT network and modify your security profile as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various devices utilized by teleworkers and either reject or identify and respond to modern threats such as ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint agent is put on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced machine learning and full execution context to detect new attacks on arrival. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly disconnects the targeted endpoint device from the network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints stay protected even when they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, go to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your information system to all types of external and internal security threats for a network that incorporates remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity analysis scanning for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be found over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by data security professionals with top certifications such as CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to audit your workflows and policies and review your IT infrastructure to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers saving and restoring critical data in order to avoid data loss and reduce recovery time and effort in case of storage failures resulting from hardware issues, software hiccups, human mistakes, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for an at-home workforce must address diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online help from experts knowledgeable about a wide range of platforms for protection Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Leading backup/recovery products maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources spread throughout a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) strategies typically envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity planning consultants can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to telecommuting.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding critical data by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Remote endpoint devices can be personally owned or company owned. IT admins managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure rules for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, establish VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share information, establish threat defense, verify compliance, and erase corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workers, see Intune telecommuter endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint administration combined with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for identity control, app management, and setup management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product via a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, an email encryption gateway, and seamless integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. For details about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To contact Progent about building and maintaining an efficient telecommuter solution for your San Diego, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.