Expanding your at-home workforce may have a significant impact on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes to plan, configure, administer, tune, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate at-home workers. Progent can assist your San Jose company to pick the right tools and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office ecosystem for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and returns top business value. Progent offers support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over occasional IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist San Jose, California companies to with any facet of creating a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing support, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, Call Desk services, endpoint security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Integrating the network infrastructure needed for a remote work environment can be especially complicated if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned equipment such as desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing online support for both legacy as well as current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help your company to implement a high-functioning telecommuting ecosystem include:
- Virtual Private Network technology allows you to create a safe connection for authenticated remote workers to access IT assets situated at your company datacenter or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration consulting. For organizations using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall consultants can help your at-home workers to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of endpoint devices including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This provides IT managers more control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and offers them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and support VPN tunnels, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent can provide top-tier online consulting for setting up routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and visitors, are commonly utilized by telecommuters to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause performance as well as security problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by delivering services like Cisco Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco-certified Meraki WiFi installation expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless AP integration help.
- Internet access methods impact the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the company network. Mission-critical processes might demand redundant Internet access in case the normal connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting service providers, picking sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and setting up high-availability Internet connections. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for Teleworkers
Extending the company PBX system to accommodate teleworkers is critical to supporting an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to server teleworkers. Many enterprises rely on Cisco's modern or legacy platforms for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist businesses of any size to design or maintain a remote IP voice environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and security needed for at-home workers. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice experts can provide advanced support to help organizations tune their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as IP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software used throughout the network. CUCM supports other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can assist you to support your existing CallManager environment or migrate smoothly to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To learn about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP platforms, see CallManager consulting.
- Cisco IP Gateways enable connectivity with PSTN networks and with clients working outside the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 product lines and for modern Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver on-demand integration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable online discussions, video conferencing, chat sessions, and content sharing for both local workers and at-home workers. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help your organization to manage your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables presence, IM, audio and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent offers the expertise of Microsoft-certified consultants who can help you to configure and maintain Skype for Business client software to accommodate your at-home employees. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, visit Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video phone app for compatible iOS and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime runs on Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current versions of FaceTime support up to 32 concurrent users for video sessions. For details about Progent's support services for Apple FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex capabilities include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, network-based recording, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for other video conferencing products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams as well as for other Office 365 products, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide configuration and troubleshooting services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to optimize your network architecture to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful ecosystem of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their first publication and can help businesses to tune these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your at-home workers.
SharePoint uses web entities to allow collaboration and knowledge sharing by offering policy-based delivery of content, workflow, and tools for looking through company-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to build protected portals that allows remote workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social networking sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For details about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to planning and configuration consulting services for Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to OneDrive, and co-workers anywhere can share them safely via a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables home workers to jointly author documents. Edits created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Telecommuters
Progent offers fast and affordable online support for enabling organizations to create, maintain and troubleshoot cohesive network architectures that incorporate internal data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus public cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help at-home workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud software and services that enables you to use IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes over one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, scalable cloud storage, email and messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help you to deploy virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan data backup and recovery solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to create secure connections to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Azure, go to Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing suite of business productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Office apps and services are provided in a selection of bundles intended for users ranging from students and households to major corporations. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to consultants knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent's experts can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans available for Office 365 and deploy 365 apps for your telecommuters in a way that delivers maximum business value. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft Office 365 integration expertise.
Office 365 Exchange Online is one of the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of reduced costs for data center infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional advantages inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with local deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide as-needed help to guide you through tough technical bottlenecks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your teleworkers have easy and secure access to your Exchange Online deployment. For details Progent's consulting services for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Microsoft 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide quick and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your organization to design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid IT networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a productive computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, from home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud (GCP) is a leading set of cloud computing services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to extend your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can help you make your key applications cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design a cost-effective storage system with GCP Storage, and streamline access management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help your business to utilize GCP's management tools to administer and monitor your GCP environment. To learn, see Google Cloud Platform consulting expertise.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A fast, organization-wide changeover to a from-home workforce, which might be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery/business continuity process, can overstretch even the most efficient in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow organizations to outsource or expand their Support Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of online Level 1 desktop support from help requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables at-home employees to monitor or update the status of their current trouble tickets, add information, and upload screenshots and relevant files. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available the option of fast hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with complex problems. For details, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables you to expand your existing Support Desk organization by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support organization and Progent's nationwide team of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Call Desk service is based on a collective support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing service requests and trouble tickets, assigning ownership, tracking progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can help your company to deliver best-in-class technical support to your from-home workers, refer to Progent's Help Desk augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
Telecommuters often run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured area. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and calls for careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow best practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified cybersecurity experts can help your company to design, implement and administer a modern security environment that guards vital information in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely utilized by local users and by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to different groups of users and to expand your network and adjust your security as your business evolves and as cyber threats grow increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both new and older security appliances from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For more information about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest cyber attacks such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint device, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art behavioral threat analysis to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the targeted endpoint from the network to quarantine the malware. Since the ProSight ASM agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint security monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your network to all classes of outside and internal security threats for an environment that includes remote workers. Progent can deploy remote, automated security inventory scanning for rapidly and affordably uncovering a broad range of security gaps that can be surfaced via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be managed by security professionals with advanced certifications including CISA, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your business to audit your procedures and policies and assess your network architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
The field of Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time and effort in case of storage problems due to equipment issues, software glitches, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid environments that combine local data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast online access to consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, tablets and handhelds. Popular backup/restore solutions maintained by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a hybrid network, Progent offers ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud storage and features fine-grained recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision scenarios that require a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity consultants can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has renamed and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite endpoints. Endpoint Manager offers a centralized environment for safeguarding critical data by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. Network admins managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up rules for accessing data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how telecommuters share information, set up threat defense, verify compliance, and wipe sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. For information about Microsoft Intune and how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to administer the endpoint computers of your teleworkers, visit Intune remote device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management product that helps network administrators to keep off-premises endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery technology for identity control, application management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-site deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air deployment of new notebooks, immediate onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of endpoints, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE remote device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your San Jose, California company, phone 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.