Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, cybersecurity, and corporate workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your San Jose organization to select the right technologies and follow best practices in creating and maintaining a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from as-needed expertise for getting you over challenging IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can help San Jose, California businesses to succeed with any facet of building a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, security monitoring, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Network Infrastructure for Teleworkers
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed to support an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of vendors and with a variety of operating systems and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing online support for both outdated as well as modern technologies in remote office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing network infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for making necessary upgrades. Services available from Progent to help your company to create a productive work-at-home ecosystem include:
- VPN technology allows you to create a safe connection for authorized remote employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent's consultants can help your company to deploy and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center PC's desktop. This technology gives network managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home computer networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi connectivity, and firewalls. Progent offers expert remote consulting for deploying home routers from all major manufacturers. See router integration services from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by the whole family and guests, are commonly utilized by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity issues. Progent can assist businesses to resolve these problems by delivering services like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi access point integration help.
- Internet access solutions affect the speed and reliability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Mission-critical applications might demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent offers expertise for identifying service providers, selecting appropriate service offerings, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Integration for Telecommuters
Expanding the company phone environment to include telecommuters is critical to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-based IP voice platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to server telecommuters. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can assist organizations of all sizes to plan or maintain a remote VoIP environment that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice experts offer advanced support to assist businesses optimize their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding at-home workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers advanced IP telephony capabilities to devices like VoIP phones, media processing products, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other mixed media services like unified messaging, video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For details about Progent's Cisco Unified CM or CUCM support, refer to CUCM expertise.
- CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to support your current CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony solutions. To find out about Progent's expertise for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other older IP voice platforms, refer to Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working outside the corporate firewall
like telecommuters. Progent offers expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways like the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products and for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Other VoIP Products supported by Progent include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand deployment and troubleshooting services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for At-Home Workers
A broad selection of voice/video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and content sharing for both local workers and telecommuters. Many organizations utilize a mix of products to accommodate their different partners and clients. Progent can assist your organization to maintain your current conferencing ecosystem and optimize the engagement of your remote workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that supports real-time presence, IM, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to configure and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling platform for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Later versions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's support services for FaceTime, refer to Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center provides remote conferencing for virtually all computing devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that incorporate rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's consulting services for Cisco Webex as well as for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with capabilities that include video conferencing, threaded chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support services for Microsoft Teams as well as for additional Microsoft 365 apps, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
help your business to optimize your network infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for Teleworkers
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 suites, offering a rich environment of applications that create a consistent user experience for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint devices. Progent has delivered online consulting support for SharePoint and Exchange since their initial releases and can assist your company to tune these flagship collaboration products to maximize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint uses web sites to allow collaboration and information delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for looking through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint enables you to create secure web portals that allows at-home workers to view and update consolidated business intelligence via Wikis, Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, see SharePoint integration and application development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange expertise, go to planning and configuration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote users can store files to the OneDrive service, and co-workers can retrieve them safely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows remote workers to jointly author files. Revisions made offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, go to Microsoft Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers fast and affordable remote assistance for helping organizations to build, manage and repair integrated hybrid network architectures that combine physical data centers, teleworkers, branches, plus cloud resources. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help teleworkers resolve issues with cloud access, authentication, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features more than one hundred cloud-based services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-based virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, configure storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity management with Azure Active Directory, and plan backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of client productivity software and cloud services offered by subscription. Microsoft applications and services are marketed in a selection of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to large enterprises. Progent offers quick and easy online access to experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible clients based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can assist your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles available for Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Office 365, go to Office 365 consulting services.
Office 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in Azure-hosted Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of lower spending for data center infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high availability, and additional benefits inherent with cloud computing. Microsoft has designed Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's certified Exchange experts are available for occasional help to guide you through tough IT bottlenecks and also offer comprehensive project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support expertise.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud arena and is the world's top source of cloud-based services. Progent offers fast and affordable online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, implement, manage, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud services with local resources and with other public clouds like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your users have a consistent computing experience regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For information about Progent's consulting expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration support.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular collection of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can help your business to expand your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your key applications cloud friendly so your teleworkers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to set up VMs on GCP Compute Engine, design an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and simplify identity control for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity. Progent can also help your organization to use GCP's management technology to administer and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Support for Telecommuters
A fast, enterprise-wide transition to a teleworker workforce, which could be motivated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery process, can overwhelm even a high-performing in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Help Desk with Progent's remote Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Help Desk Call Center services utilize Progent's nationwide team of online technical support specialists combined with enterprise-class ticketing and follow-up technology to provide an economical, state-of-the-art Support Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all aspects of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests through trouble ticket creation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal allows telecommuters to track or update their current tickets, enter details, and append screen captures and attachments. Support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's normal Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent offers optional fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to resolve complex issues. To learn more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Call Desk Supplemental Service enables your company to supplement your current Call Desk organization by sharing delivery of Call Center support services transparently between your in-house support organization and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Support Desk service uses a collective support model based on the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and ticketing, assigning ownership, monitoring progress, and producing management reports. For details about how Progent's Help Desk Call Center Supplementation Services can enable your company to provide world-class desktop support to your from-home workers, visit Progent's Help Desk supplementation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
At-home workers often run their personal equipment and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their exposure to cyber threats and calls for careful use of firewalls, remote security monitoring, and the creation of policies that follow best practices. Progent's veteran team of certified data security experts can assist your organization to design, implement and administer a modern security environment that guards vital information in IT networks that incorporate at-home workers.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network that can be securely accessed by local users and by teleworkers, mobile users, vendors, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices permit you to configure and manage appropriate permissions to various classes of users and to expand your network and adjust your security profile as your business evolves and as network attacks become more complex. Progent works with both new and older firewall devices from all major manufacturers like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall integration expertise, go to firewall support services.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it possible to track the disparate computers used by telecommuters and either reject or identify and mitigate the latest threats such as ransomware. With Progent's ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is installed on each protected endpoint device, watching all activity and utilizing advanced AI technology to identify zero-day threats before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring instantly isolates the impacted endpoint device from the network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that includes telecommuters. Progent can deploy online, automated cybersecurity inventory scanning for quickly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security gaps that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security audit experts, which can be managed by security experts with advanced credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can assist you to evaluate your processes and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to enable you to design top-level protection for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection covers saving and recovering vital information so as to avoid data loss and reduce restoration time in the event of storage failures due to hardware issues, programming glitches, human error, cyber attack, or other causes. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially difficult to architect and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, public clouds, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for at-home workers must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoint devices. Progent can provide fast remote help from consultants familiar with a wide range of products for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iPads and smartphones. Popular backup/restore solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and centralized management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans often envision scenarios that require a temporary switch to telecommuting. Progent's expert disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can help you to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the logistics of moving to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for At-Home Workers
Microsoft has renamed and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing local endpoints. Microsoft Endpoint Manager offers a unified environment for safeguarding critical data by controlling on-premises, mobile, and home-based endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and protecting remote devices and software. Remote endpoint computers can be user owned or business owned. IT admins managing the enrolled endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, set up policies for permission to access data and resources, set passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure security compliance, and erase corporate data from lost, stolen or deactivated devices. Microsoft Intune can be used with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X endpoints. For details about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the endpoint computers of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune mobile device management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced centralized Mobile Device Management (MDM) product that allows network administrators to keep remote endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE uses VMware AirWatch technology for unified endpoint administration along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for access control, application management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE runs with endpoints powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of devices, aggregated reporting and analytics, email encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft applications and cloud services. To learn about Progent's support services for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your San Jose, California business, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.