Expanding your remote workforce may have a major effect on network architecture, security/compliance, and corporate workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping SMBs to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT environments that incorporate a remote workforce. Progent can help your San Juan company to select the right technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual ecosystem for teleworkers that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from on demand guidance for helping you past challenging IT roadblocks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out business-critical tasks.
Progent can help San Juan, Puerto Rico companies to succeed with any facet of creating a high-performing telecommuting environment by delivering infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, video conferencing support, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, Help Desk augmentation, cybersecurity, backup/restore solutions, and centralized management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure needed to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to manage a mix of worker-owned equipment like desktop computers and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from an assortment of manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and current technologies in remote office venues enables you to make efficient use of your available network infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Services offered by Progent to assist you to implement a productive work-at-home infrastructure include:
- VPN technology allows you to establish a safe connection for authorized at-home employees to access IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can help you to configure and maintain VPN access between your teleworkers and your various network resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall experts can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect client software to provide secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of endpoint devices such as Microsoft Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms allow a teleworker to see and interact with a remote PC's desktop. This gives network managers significant control over the computing ecosystem of telecommuters and ensures them a consistent and more productive work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier remote consulting for configuring home routers from a variety of vendors. See router integration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by an entire household and visitors, are frequently utilized by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can cause throughput and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help businesses to resolve these issues by delivering services that include Aironet integration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti WiFi AP setup assistance.
- Internet access solutions impact the speed and availability of connections between at-home workers and the corporate network. Business-critical applications may require backup Internet access in case the normal connection fails. Progent can provide expertise for identifying ISPs, picking sensible service offerings, and integrating redundant Internet access. See Internet access solutions.
IP Voice Integration for an At-Home Workforce
Expanding the company PBX system to include telecommuters is vital to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A broad range of cloud-based VoIP products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's current or older products for IP voice management. Progent can help organizations of any size to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that delivers the versatility, convenience and protection needed for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide advanced support to assist businesses tune their current Cisco IP voice environments to support an expanding remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) extends high-end IP telephony features to devices like IP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media applications used across the network. CUCM supports additional mixed media services like messaging, video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For details about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, see Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's legacy call-processing agent and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help you to maintain your existing CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other legacy VoIP platforms, refer to CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide connectivity with public telephony networks and with clients working beyond the corporate perimeter
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's earlier generation IP gateways including the UC520, UC540 and UC560 products as well as for modern Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway integration expertise.
- Other VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and provide on-demand integration and debugging services.
Voice/Video Conferencing for Teleworkers
A broad selection of video conferencing platforms from major technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and telecommuters. Many organizations use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can help you to maintain your current voice/video conferencing environment and enhance the productivity of your at-home employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading unified communications platform that supports presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the seamless integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to set up and manage Skype for Business client software to accommodate your remote employees. For details about Progent's consulting services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business integration experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS and Mac devices. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Current editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 concurrent users for voice/video calls. To learn more about Progent's consulting services for FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most computing devices. Offered via Cisco's Webex Cloud, Webex services include sharing granular content or screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video products from Cisco, visit Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conferencing, contacts, and content with features such as video calling, persistent chat, plus data sharing. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent's conferencing experts include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging expertise for these products and
assist your business to optimize your network architecture to host them.
Microsoft Integrated Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration products are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a rich ecosystem of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for sharing data and ideas across a corporate network and on a wide range of endpoint computers. Progent has delivered remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can assist businesses to configure these flagship collaboration platforms to optimize the effectiveness of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-based access to content, workflow, and tools for searching through enterprise-wide business data. SharePoint permits you to build secure web portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social web sites, and Web Parts. For details about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint integration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. For information about Progent's Exchange support services, see integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based file hosting and synchronization service, comparable to GoogleDrive. At-home workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can share them securely via a browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables remote workers to co-edit files. Edits created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft OneDrive, see Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Remote Workers
Progent can provide advanced online assistance for helping businesses to create, maintain and repair cohesive hybrid network models that combine internal data centers, telecommuters, branches, plus public cloud resources. Progent offers expertise for all modes of public cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers fix problems with public cloud access, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps hosted on Microsoft's extensive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services including hosting for Windows and Linux-powered VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help you to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also show you how to establish protected access to Azure services for teleworkers by configuring and troubleshooting firewall appliances and VPN tunnels. For details about Progent's support services for Microsoft Azure, go to Microsoft Azure consulting.
Office 365, now called Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud-based services offered on a subscription basis. Office apps and services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from individuals and small offices to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy remote contact with experts knowledgeable about Office 365-compatible devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can assist you to evaluate the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your remote workers to achieve top business value. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, go to Microsoft 365 consulting support.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most popular cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Office 365 Exchange Online offers the benefits of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, on-demand scaling, high reliability, and additional advantages inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has designed Office 365 Exchange Online to operate smoothly with on-premises deployments of Exchange, enabling you to build hybrid networks. Progent's certified Exchange experts can provide occasional help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to ensure your teleworkers have convenient and secure access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To learn Progent's expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, refer to Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the world's biggest provider of cloud services. Progent can provide quick and economical online access to cloud integration experts who can assist your organization to design, deploy, manage, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with on-premises data centers and with other public clouds like Microsoft Azure. Progent also offers access to Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to help you to create a high-availability network model to make sure your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To find out about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, refer to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a popular suite of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT assets with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your mission-critical applications cloud ready so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist you to deploy VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan a cost-effective storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline identity management for telecommuters with GCP Cloud Identity services. Progent can also help your business to utilize GCP's unified management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For details, go to Google Cloud Platform integration services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Telecommuters
A rapid, organization-wide changeover to a teleworker business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a business continuity preparedness plan, can overstretch even the most efficient internal Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow organizations to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's remote Technical Response Center team.
- Progent's Standard Call Desk support services utilize Progent's nationwide team of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an affordable, state-of-the-art Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that addresses all aspects of remote Level 1 PC support from initial service requests to trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to monitor or update the status of their current tickets, add information, and upload screenshots and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a significant price reduction off Progent's normal Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent makes available optional rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 support specialists to deal with advanced problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small and mid-size companies.
- Progent's Support Desk Augmentation Service allows you to supplement your current Call Desk staff by sharing responsibilities for Help Desk Call Center support transparently between your regular IT support personnel and Progent's nationwide roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Call Desk service is based on a collective support solution based on the leading professional services automation tool for handling service requests and ticketing, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To find out how Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Services can enable your business to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, visit Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their personal computing devices and work in an unsecured space. This worsens their exposure to cyber attacks and demands judicious use of security appliances, remote endpoint monitoring, and the enforcement of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can help your company to plan, implement and administer a modern cybersecurity solution that guards critical information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls enable you to create a network environment that can be safely utilized by local users as well as by an at-home workforce, mobile employees, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall devices allow you to configure and control appropriate access rights to various classes of users and to scale your network and adjust your security profile as your company evolves and as cyber threats become more sophisticated. Progent works with both new and legacy security devices from all major vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support services, refer to firewall configuration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the disparate computers utilized by teleworkers and either block or identify and respond to the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a small-footprint agent is put on each protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using advanced AI technology to identify zero-day threats at inception. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately isolates the impacted device from the network to contain the threat. Since the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain protected even if they are offline. For more information about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, go to remote endpoint monitoring for teleworkers.
- Security Audits can assess the exposure of your network to all classes of external and local security threats for an environment that includes teleworkers. Progent can run remote, automated security analysis scanning for rapidly and economically detecting a broad range of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment experts, which can be managed by security professionals with top credentials including CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to audit your procedures and policies and review your WAN architecture to enable you to implement the highest level of security for your an at-home workforce.
Data Protection Solutions for At-Home Workers
Data Protection involves backing up and recovering vital data so as to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system failures resulting from equipment issues, programming hiccups, user mistakes, malware, or other causes. Dependable data protection strategies can be especially challenging to architect and maintain in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover multiple types of personally owned endpoints. Progent can provide fast remote access to experts knowledgeable about a wide array of products for protection Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX servers and desktops as well as notebooks, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/restore products maintained by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Retrospect, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a managed backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular recovery and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity (DR/BC) plans commonly envision circumstances that require a rapid switch to telecommuting. Progent's senior disaster recovery planning experts and business continuity planning specialists can assist your business to develop, document and validate a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Telecommuters
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management platforms under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a centralized platform for safeguarding critical information by controlling local, mobile, and home-based endpoints.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting mobile computers and applications. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or company owned. IT administrators managing the enrolled endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to provision and authenticate apps on managed devices, push updates and certificates, set up policies for accessing information and networks, manage passwords, establish VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share data, establish threat defense, verify security compliance, and wipe sensitive information from missing, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune can be used with Apple iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS/OS X computers. To learn about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can help you to use Microsoft's Endpoint Management to manage the devices of your at-home workers, go to Intune teleworker endpoint management expertise.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM platform that allows network managers to keep offsite endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, application management, and setup management of endpoint computers. Workspace ONE runs with devices powered by Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises deployment through a one-time purchase. Top features of Workspace ONE include fast over-the-air provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, immediate onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all categories of endpoints, unifies reporting and performance analytics, an email encryption gateway, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, see VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your San Juan, Puerto Rico company, call 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.