Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a significant effect on IT architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of background assisting small and mid-size businesses to plan, configure, manage, tune, and troubleshoot IT networks that support a remote workforce. Progent can help your San Juan company to select the appropriate technologies and follow leading practices in creating and operating a safe virtual office solution for teleworkers that promotes teamwork and delivers maximum business value. Progent can provide services that go from as-needed guidance for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you successfully complete business-critical initiatives.
Progent can help San Juan, Puerto Rico businesses to succeed with any facet of creating a high-functioning telecommuting environment by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, VoIP PBX troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, security monitoring, data protection solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the network infrastructure required to support a remote workforce can be especially complex if you have to accommodate a combination of personal equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from various manufacturers and with a variety of operating systems and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both legacy as well as current technologies in remote office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing infrastructure and offers fast access to top-tire consultants for implement essential updates. Services offered by Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning telecommuting infrastructure include:
- VPN connectivity makes it possible to create a safe connection for authenticated at-home workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in the cloud. Progent can assist you to deploy and maintain VPN access between your at-home workforce and your various network resources by providing online VPN integration support. For organizations with Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can assist your telecommuters to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a wide range of devices including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a telecommuter to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers substantial control over the computing environment of at-home employees and ensures them a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's virtual desktop consulting services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless networks, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for deploying home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified consultants.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often shared by families and guests, are commonly used by at-home employees to access their Internet router for work. This can create throughput as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can assist you to mitigate these issues by providing expertise that include Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki WiFi deployment consulting, and Ubiquiti Unifi WiFi AP integration help.
- Internet access methods affect the speed and reliability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Vital processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying service providers, choosing appropriate bandwidth and data volume offerings, and setting up high-availability Internet access. See Internet access integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the business PBX environment to include teleworkers is vital to supporting a productive at-home workforce. A variety of cloud-centric VoIP products are popular with SMBs to support teleworkers. Many enterprises depend on Cisco's current or legacy platforms for IP voice solutions. Progent can assist businesses of all sizes to design or tune a remote IP voice service that delivers the versatility, transparency and security required for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE IP Voice consultants can provide high-level support to assist organizations tune their current Cisco VoIP environments to handle a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) extends enterprise IP telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing products, Voice over IP gateways, and mixed media software deployed across the network. Unified Communications Manager manages additional combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's Unified Communications Manager support, refer to Cisco Unified CM consultants.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM. Progent's consultants can help your company to maintain your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. To find out about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other older VoIP products, visit Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate firewall
such as at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway integration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Platforms supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, RingCentral and 8x8. Progent can assist you to expand your WAN architecture to work with these VoIP solutions and provide as-needed configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for Telecommuters
A wide selection of video conferencing platforms from leading technology companies support virtual meetings, video and voice conferencing, chat, and screen/content sharing for both onsite users and teleworkers. Many companies utilize multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent's communications experts can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and optimize the productivity of your at-home workforce.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's leading communications platform that enables real-time presence, instant messaging, voice and video conferencing plus the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent can provide the expertise of Microsoft-certified specialists who can help your company to deploy and maintain Skype for Business client software to support your at-home workforce. To learn more about Progent's support services for Skype for Business, see Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video phone platform for iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 concurrent users for video calls. For details about Progent's support expertise for Apple FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Offered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing discrete content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media including Microsoft PowerPoint, session recording, plus editing and playback for training. To learn more about Progent's support expertise for Webex and for additional video conferencing solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's next-generation replacement for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and content with features that include voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus file sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams as well as for other Microsoft 365 apps, see Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver configuration and debugging services for these products and
help your business to optimize your WAN architecture to host them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft's collaboration platforms are tightly integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, offering a powerful ecosystem of applications that deliver a cohesive user experience for exchanging information throughout a corporate network and on a wide selection of endpoints. Progent has provided online consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their original releases and can help your company to configure these flagship collaboration products to maximize the productivity of your remote workers.
SharePoint utilizes web entities to facilitate collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven delivery of data, business processes, and tools for looking through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to build protected web portals that allows at-home workforce to view and edit aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For information about Progent's SharePoint expertise, refer to SharePoint configuration and development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, go to integration expertise for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís shared cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them safely through a web browser. Provided with Microsoft 365, OneDrive enables home employees to co-edit files. Revisions created offline are uploaded when you reconnect to the Internet. For details about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, visit Onedrive configuration experts.
Cloud Integration for Teleworkers
Progent offers advanced online assistance for helping organizations to create, manage and repair integrated network architectures that combine physical data centers, remote workers, branch offices, and cloud services. Progent offers top-tier consultant for all types of cloud service including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with public cloud connectivity, authentication, and security.
Microsoft Azure is a leading family of cloud software and services that enables you to utilize infrastructure, servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services such as hosting for Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and backup/restore. Progent can help your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, configure cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan backup and restore solutions with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also show you how to establish secure access to Azure services for remote workers by configuring and debugging firewall appliances and VPN IPsec tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, visit Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's growing family of business productivity software and cloud-based services available by subscription. Office apps and services are marketed in a variety of plans intended for users ranging from students and households to major enterprises. Progent offers quick and affordable remote access to consultants knowledgeable about Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android operating systems. Progent can assist you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Microsoft 365 and deploy 365 applications for your at-home workers in a way that delivers maximum business value. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 consulting expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is one of the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product product suite. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, on-demand scaling, high availability, and other benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Microsoft 365 Exchange Online to run transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling you to build hybrid cloud/onsite networks. Progent's Exchange consultants can provide occasional assistance to guide you past tough technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management services to make sure your teleworkers have easy and safe access to your Microsoft 365 Exchange Online environment. To find out Progent's support services for Office 365 Exchange Online, see Exchange Online integration and troubleshooting consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing arena and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent can provide rapid and affordable online access to cloud connectivity experts who can assist your organization to design, implement, maintain, and debug hybrid information networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud services with local data centers and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist your company to create a high-uptime network model so your users have a consistent computing environment whether they are working from your main office, a branch office, at home, or on the move. To learn about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting services.
Google Cloud Platform is a popular suite of cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your organization to expand your current IT resources with the Google Cloud, and Progent's database consultants can show you how to make your critical applications cloud friendly so your remote workers can take full advantage of Google Cloud Platform services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up VMs on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage solution with GCP Storage, and streamline identity control for remote workers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist your organization to use GCP's management tools to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. To learn, visit Google Cloud Platform consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Support for Telecommuters
A sudden, company-wide transition to a from-home business model, which could be activated by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overstretch even a high-performing internal Help Desk. Progent's Help Desk services make it possible for businesses of any size to outsource or expand their Help Desk with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) team.
- Progent's Standard Call Center support services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking technology to provide an economical, modern Call Center. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services provide an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through ticket creation, desktop sharing, issue resolution, and reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables from-home workers to check or revise their current trouble tickets, enter information, and append screen captures and attachments. Desktop support services are delivered at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop service charges, and Progent offers the option of fast escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. For more information, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service enables your company to augment your existing Help Desk team by splitting responsibilities for Call Center support services seamlessly between your regular support personnel and Progent's extensive roster of desktop support technicians and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk Call Center service is based on a collective support model utilizing the leading PSA platform for handling help requests and ticketing, establishing ownership, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For details about how Progent's Call Center Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver best-in-class IT support to your at-home workforce, see Progent's Call Center supplementation Services.
Security for Telecommuters
At-home workers commonly use their own computing devices and work in an unsecured environment. This increases their exposure to cyber attacks and requires careful deployment of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of policies that adhere to best practices. Progent's seasoned roster of certified data security experts can assist your business to plan, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity solution that guards vital information in networks that incorporate telecommuters.
- Firewalls enable companies to create a network environment that can be securely utilized by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile workers, suppliers, clients, and other stakeholders. Modern firewall appliances allow you to assign and manage different permissions to various groups of users and to scale your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats become increasingly sophisticated. Progent supports both current and legacy security devices from all leading manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. For details about Progent's firewall support expertise, refer to firewall support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Security Monitoring makes it possible to watch over the various computers used by telecommuters and either reject or identify and respond to modern cyber attacks like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring (ASM) services, a small-footprint software agent is installed on every secured endpoint device, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When an attack is discovered, ProSight Active Security Monitoring immediately disconnects the impacted endpoint from the corporate network to quarantine the threat. Since the ProSight Active Security Monitoring software agent is self-contained, endpoints remain secure even when they are disconnected from the Internet. To learn more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, refer to remote endpoint monitoring for at-home workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for a network that includes remote workers. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and economically detecting a broad range of security gaps that can be found via the Internet. Progent's security audit experts, which can be provided by data security professionals with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help you to evaluate your workflows and governance policies and review your network infrastructure to allow you to design the highest level of security for your telecommuters.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize restoration time in the event of storage failures resulting from equipment issues, programming glitches, human mistakes, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection solutions can be especially challenging to design and manage in hybrid environments that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and at-home workers.
- Backup/Recovery solutions for telecommuters must cover diverse types of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers fast remote help from consultants familiar with a broad array of platforms for protection Windows, Apple and Linux/UNIX servers and desktop computers as well as notebooks, iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To back up resources distributed across a hybrid network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services (DPS), a backup/recovery subscription service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained restore and unified management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans commonly envision scenarios that require a temporary changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness consultants and business continuity planning specialists can assist you to develop, document and validate a DR/BC plan that addresses the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for an At-Home Workforce
Microsoft has rebranded and reshuffled its endpoint management products under the title Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises computers. Microsoft Endpoint Manager features a centralized solution for safeguarding corporate data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also features Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing mobile computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. Network admins managing the enrolled endpoint devices of telecommuters can utilize Intune to provision and validate apps on devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, determine how telecommuters share information, establish threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete sensitive information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Intune runs with iOS, Google Android, Windows, and macOS computers. To find out about Microsoft Intune and to find out how Progent can assist your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workforce, refer to Intune telecommuter endpoint management experts.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform that helps network administrators to keep offsite endpoints up to date and protected. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint administration plus VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for identity control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Key capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include rapid over-the-air provisioning of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and integration with Microsoft apps and cloud-based services. To find out about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile device management expertise.
Contact Progent for At-Home Worker Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about building and maintaining an efficient work-from-home solution for your San Juan, Puerto Rico organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or visit Contact Progent.