Expanding your telecommuter workforce may have a major impact on network architecture, security, and company workflows. Progent has two decades of experience assisting businesses of all sizes to design, configure, administer, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support at-home workers. Progent can assist your Sandy Springs organization to pick the appropriate tools and follow leading practices in building and operating a secure virtual office solution for telecommuters that facilitates collaboration and returns maximum business value. Progent can provide support services ranging from as-needed expertise for helping you over challenging technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical initiatives.
Progent's consultants can assist Sandy Springs, Georgia companies to with any aspect of creating a high-performing telecommuting ecosystem by providing infrastructure design and configuration services, IP voice expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform selection and deployment, public cloud integration, helpdesk augmentation, endpoint security, backup/restore solutions, and streamlined management.
Infrastructure for an At-Home Workforce
Integrating the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home workforce can be especially challenging if you have to accommodate a combination of worker-owned hardware such as PCs and laptops, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from different manufacturers and with a variety of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's background providing online help for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your available network infrastructure and provides you with ready access to expertise for implement essential updates. Support services available from Progent to help you to create a productive telecommuting infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity allows you to create a secure connection for authorized at-home workers to use IT assets located at your corporate data center or in the cloud. Progent's consultants can help you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing online VPN configuration support. For businesses using Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco-certified ASA Firewall consultants can help your telecommuters to set up Cisco's AnyConnect software for safe VPN tunneling for a wide selection of endpoint devices such as Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platforms allow an at-home worker to view and use a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the digital ecosystem of at-home employees and ensures remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI consulting.
- Routers connect home computer networks to the Internet and support VPN connections, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewalls. Progent offers expert online consulting for deploying home routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically supporting an entire household and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance and cybersecurity problems. Progent can help businesses to mitigate these problems by providing expertise that include Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco-certified Meraki wireless deployment expertise, and Ubiquiti wireless access point setup assistance.
- Internet access methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the company network. Business-critical applications may demand redundant Internet access in the event the primary connection breaks. Progent can provide expertise for selecting Internet service providers, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and setting up redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity solutions.
Contact Progent for Telecommuter Expertise
To get in touch with Progent about creating and managing an efficient telecommuter environment for your Sandy Springs, Georgia company, call 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.