Expanding your telecommuter workforce can have a major effect on IT architecture, security/compliance, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience helping small and mid-size businesses to design, deploy, administer, optimize, and debug IT networks that incorporate work-from-home employees. Progent can assist your Santa Cruz organization to select the right technologies and adhere to best practices in building and maintaining a safe virtual solution for telecommuters that facilitates teamwork and delivers maximum value. Progent can provide support services that go from on demand expertise for getting you over occasional IT bottlenecks to full project management or co-management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent can assist Santa Cruz, California organizations to succeed with any aspect of building a high-performing work-from-home ecosystem by delivering infrastructure design and configuration services, VoIP PBX expertise, video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, public cloud connectivity, helpdesk outsourcing, data security, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for Telecommuters
Configuring the physical and software infrastructure needed for an at-home work environment can be particularly challenging if you have to accommodate a mix of worker-owned equipment such as PCs and notebooks, Internet routers, and Wi-Fi APs from different vendors and with a mix of OS software and firmware releases. Progent's experience providing remote support for both legacy and current IT products in virtual office venues allows you to make cost-effective use of your existing infrastructure and offers ready access to top-tire consultants for implement essential upgrades. Support services available from Progent to help you to implement a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network connectivity makes it possible to establish a safe tunnel for authenticated remote workers to use IT assets located at your company data center or in a public cloud. Progent can assist you to configure and manage VPN access between your teleworkers and your various IT resources by providing remote VPN configuration consulting. For businesses using Cisco's ASA security appliances, Progent's Cisco ASA Firewall experts can help your remote workers to utilize Cisco's AnyConnect software to provide safe VPN connections for a wide selection of devices such as Microsoft Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products allow a teleworker to see and use a remote PC's desktop. This technology provides network managers substantial control over the digital environment of telecommuters and offers remote users a consistent and more productive experience. Progent's VDI services include Windows Remote Desktop support and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops VDI expertise.
- Routers connect at-home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN connections, home wireless connectivity, and firewall services. Progent offers top-tier online support for setting up home routers from a variety of manufacturers. See router configuration services from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, often supporting the whole family and visitors, are commonly used by at-home employees to connect to their router for work. This can cause performance as well as cybersecurity problems. Progent can help you to mitigate these problems by providing expertise like Aironet configuration expertise, Cisco Meraki wireless installation consulting, and Ubiquiti WiFi access point setup assistance.
- Internet connectivity solutions impact the performance and availability of connections between at-home workers and the company data center. Line-of-business applications might demand redundant Internet connections in case the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for identifying ISPs, selecting appropriate bandwidth and data volume bundles, and integrating high-availability Internet connections. Refer to Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Telecommuters
Extending the company PBX environment to include teleworkers is critical to maintaining a productive work-at-home solution. A variety of cloud-based IP voice products are popular with SMBs to support remote users. Many larger organizations depend on Cisco's current or legacy products for VoIP solutions. Progent can help organizations of any size to plan or maintain a telecommuter VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and protection needed for telecommuters. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants can provide high-level support to help organizations optimize their existing Cisco IP voice environments to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) delivers enterprise telephony capabilities to devices such as VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and multimedia software used throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services like messaging, voice/video conferencing, and customer interaction networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, refer to Cisco Unified CM expertise.
- Cisco CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing agent and has been replaced by CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your current CallManager environment or upgrade efficiently to Cisco's current IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for CallManager and Cisco's other early VoIP products, see Cisco CallManager consulting services.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with public telephony networks and with users working beyond the corporate perimeter
like telecommuters. Progent offers consulting expertise for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series and for current Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateways. See Cisco SIP gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can help you to enhance your wide area network infrastructure to support these solutions and deliver online configuration and troubleshooting services.
Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of voice/video conferencing products from major technology companies enable virtual meetings, video conferencing, chat sessions, and screen/content sharing for both onsite workers and at-home workers. Many organizations utilize a mix of conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and customers. Progent can assist your organization to manage your existing conferencing environment and enhance the engagement of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular unified communications product that enables real-time presence, IM, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the seamless integration of these functions within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 productivity software including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Progent can provide the skills of Microsoft-certified specialists who can assist your company to deploy and manage Skype for Business clients to accommodate your remote workforce. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business integration services.
- FaceTime is Apple's group video calling app for compatible iOS and macOS devices. FaceTime runs over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime allow up to 32 simultaneous users for voice/video sessions. To learn more about Progent's consulting expertise for Apple FaceTime, visit Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports remote conferencing for virtually all desktop or mobile devices. Delivered via Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex services include sharing specific content or screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint, network-based recording, plus editing and playback for future reference and training. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco Webex and for additional IP video solutions from Cisco, see Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams acts as a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features that include voice/video conferencing, persistent chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's consulting services for Microsoft Teams and for additional Office 365 apps, visit Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Additional Voice/Video Conferencing Apps supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can provide integration and debugging services for these conferencing platforms and
help your business to tune your WAN architecture to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Platforms for At-Home Workers
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office suites, offering a rich environment of applications that create a cohesive user experience for sharing information across multiple sites and on a broad range of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange since their initial publication and can assist your company to configure these critical collaboration platforms to optimize the productivity of your at-home workers.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and information sharing by providing policy-driven access to content, business processes, and tools for looking through enterprise-wide information silos. SharePoint permits you to create protected portals that permits at-home workers to view and update aggregated business intelligence by means of Intranets (Wikis), Blogs, social sites, and Web Parts. To learn about Progent's SharePoint consulting expertise, visit SharePoint integration and development consulting.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To learn about Progent's Exchange consulting services, refer to integration consulting services for Microsoft Exchange.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud-based storage service, similar to GoogleDrive. At-home users can save files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can access them securely through a web browser. Included with Office 365, OneDrive enables at-home employees to jointly author documents. Revisions created offline are automatically uploaded when you go back online. For information about Progent's expertise for Microsoft OneDrive, refer to Onedrive configuration consulting.
Cloud Integration Services for Remote Workers
Progent offers advanced remote assistance for enabling businesses to create, maintain and troubleshoot integrated network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, and cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all types of cloud service such as Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service. Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and security.
Azure is a leading platform for cloud services that enables you to use infrastructure, virtual servers, and key apps running on Microsoft's massive cloud. Microsoft Azure includes more than one hundred cloud-based services including the ability to host Windows and Linux-based VMs, on-demand cloud storage, messaging, app development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can assist your organization to set up virtual machines on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate cloud-based storage on Azure Storage services, unify identity control with Azure AD, and plan data backup and restore systems with Azure Backup. Progent can also help you establish secure connections to Azure services for telecommuters by configuring and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN tunnels. To find out about Progent's consulting expertise for Azure, see Azure consulting.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of client productivity software and cloud services offered on a subscription basis. Office applications and cloud services are provided in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent can provide fast and affordable online contact with consultants familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible endpoint devices based on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent's experts can help your business to evaluate the numerous subscription bundles offered with Office 365 and deploy 365 applications for your teleworkers to achieve maximum business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, visit Microsoft 365 integration services.
Exchange Online is among the most popular applications in Azure-hosted Office 365 product line. Microsoft 365 Exchange Online provides the advantages of reduced costs for physical infrastructure, easier management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and other benefits associated with cloud computing. Microsoft has engineered Exchange Online to operate transparently with local Exchange environments, enabling customers to create hybrid cloud/onsite information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional assistance to guide you past challenging IT roadblocks and can also provide comprehensive project management services to ensure your at-home workers have easy and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's consulting expertise for Microsoft 365 Exchange Online, visit Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Amazon AWS is a pioneer in the public cloud market and is the world's top provider of cloud-based services. Progent can provide fast and economical online access to cloud connectivity experts who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and debug hybrid IT networks that integrate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local resources and with other public clouds such as Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking consultants to help your company to create a high-uptime network model so your employees have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the move. For details about Progent's consulting services for Amazon AWS, go to Amazon AWS consulting expertise.
Google Cloud is a popular collection of public cloud services that provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's certified Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco consulting experts can assist your business to extend your existing IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can help you make your critical apps cloud friendly so your teleworkers can benefit fully from Google Cloud Platform services. Progent can assist you to deploy virtual machines on GCP Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access management for at-home workers with Google Cloud Identity. Progent's consultants can also help you to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your Google Cloud environment. For information, go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) integration expertise.
Help Desk Support for Remote Workers
A rapid, organization-wide transition to a telecommuter workforce, which could be activated by an epidemic or as part of a disaster recovery plan, can overstretch even a well-staffed in-house Call Desk. Progent's Help Desk services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center by using Progent's online Technical Response Center services.
- Progent's Standard Call Center services utilize Progent's extensive team of remote technical support specialists combined with world-class ticketing and tracking technology to provide an affordable, advanced Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer a comprehensive solution that handles all facets of online Level 1 desktop technical support from help requests through trouble ticket creation, desktop sharing, problem resolution, and incident reporting. A web-based User's Service Portal allows at-home employees to track or edit the status of their active tickets, enter information, and append screenshots and attachments. Technical support services are provided at a substantial discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 desktop support rates, and Progent makes available the option of rapid hand-off to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to resolve advanced problems. For details, see Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services outsourcing for small businesses.
- Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Service enables your business to augment your current Call Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your in-house support staff and Progent's extensive roster of PC support engineers and subject matter experts. Progent's co-managed Help Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the number one PSA platform for managing help requests and trouble tickets, establishing responsibility, monitoring progress, and generating reports. To learn how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can help your business to provide best-in-class IT support to your teleworkers, refer to Progent's Help Desk Call Center augmentation Services.
Security and Compliance for At-Home Workers
At-home workers commonly run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This increases their vulnerability to cyber threats and calls for judicious use of security appliances, remote security monitoring, and the enforcement of policies that follow leading practices. Progent's veteran roster of certified data security professionals can help your company to plan, implement and manage a modern cybersecurity solution that guards vital information in IT networks that include an at-home workforce.
- Firewalls allow companies to build a network that can be securely utilized by local users as well as by teleworkers, mobile users, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. Next-generation firewall appliances permit you to configure and control different access rights to different groups of users and to expand your network and modify your security as your company evolves and as network attacks become increasingly sophisticated. Progent works with both current and older firewall devices from all leading vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To learn more about Progent's firewall integration services, go to firewall integration and support expertise.
- Online Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to track the disparate computers utilized by at-home workers and either reject or spot and mitigate the latest threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight software agent is put on every secured endpoint, watching all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify new threats before they can spread. When a cyberattack is discovered, ProSight ASM instantly disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to quarantine the malware. Because the ProSight Active Security Monitoring agent is autonomous, endpoint devices stay secure even if they are disconnected from the Internet. For details about ProSight ASM, visit remote endpoint security monitoring for telecommuters.
- Security Audits can evaluate the vulnerability of your information system to all classes of external and internal security attacks for an environment that incorporates teleworkers. Progent can deploy online, automated security analysis software for rapidly and economically uncovering a wide variety of security weaknesses that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's security assessment experts, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials such as CISM, CISSP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your workflows and policies and assess your IT architecture to allow you to design top-level protection for your at-home workers.
Data Protection for Telecommuters
The field of Data Protection covers backing up and recovering vital information in order to prevent data loss and minimize recovery time in the event of storage system failures due to equipment breakdowns, programming hiccups, user error, cyber attack, or other causes. Reliable data protection strategies can be particularly challenging to design and maintain in hybrid environments that combine in-house data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore strategies for remote workers must cover diverse kinds of user-owned endpoint devices. Progent offers quick remote help from experts familiar with a wide array of products for backing up Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, iPads and handhelds. Leading backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's backup/recovery consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, DoubleTake Software, Acronis Backup and Recovery, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread across a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a managed backup/recovery service that utilizes cloud-based storage and features fine-grained recovery and centralized management.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans typically anticipate scenarios that call for a rapid changeover to an at-home workforce. Progent's senior disaster recovery preparedness experts and business continuity planning consultants can assist your business to create, document and validate a DR/BC plan that includes the process of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Remote Workers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the title Microsoft Endpoint Manager, which encompasses Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote endpoints and Configuration Manager for managing onsite computers. Endpoint Manager features a unified environment for protecting critical data by managing local, mobile, and at-home endpoints.
Intune is a component of Microsoft's Endpoint Management suite that also includes Microsoft Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud-based service for managing and protecting remote computers and software. Remote endpoint devices can be user owned or business owned. IT administrators managing the endpoint computers of telecommuters can use Intune to deploy and validate applications on managed devices, push updates and certificates, configure policies for accessing information and resources, manage passwords, create VPN tunnels, control how home-based workers share data, set up threat protection, ensure compliance, and delete corporate information from lost, stolen or deactivated endpoint devices. Microsoft Intune works with iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS endpoints. To learn about Intune and how Progent can help your company to use this platform to administer the endpoint devices of your at-home workers, see Intune remote endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is a feature-rich unified Mobile Device Management platform that allows network administrators to keep offsite endpoint devices up to date and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management combined with VMware's Horizon virtual software delivery platform for access control, app management, and configuration management of endpoint devices. Workspace ONE runs with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or popular distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is available by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product via a one-time purchase. Key capabilities of Workspace ONE include rapid remote provisioning of out-of-the-box laptops, quick onboarding of new users, policy setting and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies management reporting and performance analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To learn about Progent's expertise for VMware Workspace ONE, refer to VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management consultants.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To contact Progent about creating and maintaining an efficient telecommuter environment for your Santa Cruz, California organization, call 1-800-993-9400 or refer to Contact Progent.