Enlarging your remote workforce may have a significant impact on network infrastructure, cybersecurity, and company workflows. Progent has 20 years of experience assisting small and mid-size businesses to design, configure, manage, optimize, and troubleshoot IT networks that support work-from-home employees. Progent can help your Santa Cruz company to pick the appropriate technologies and follow best practices in building and operating a safe virtual office solution for telecommuters that promotes teamwork and returns maximum value. Progent offers services ranging from as-needed expertise for getting you past occasional technical bottlenecks to comprehensive project management to help you carry out mission-critical tasks.
Progent's consultants can help Santa Cruz, California companies to with any aspect of building a high-functioning work-at-home ecosystem by delivering network infrastructure configuration services, IP voice troubleshooting, voice/video conferencing integration, collaboration platform customization and training, cloud integration, helpdesk outsourcing, cybersecurity, data protection solutions, and unified management.
Infrastructure for a Remote Workforce
Configuring the network infrastructure required to support a remote work environment can be particularly challenging if you must manage a mix of personal hardware such as PCs and notebooks, routers, and Wi-Fi appliances from an assortment of manufacturers and with a mix of OS software and firmware levels. Progent's background delivering remote support for both outdated and modern IT products in virtual office solutions enables you to make efficient use of your existing network infrastructure and provides you with fast access to top-tire consultants for making essential upgrades. Support services offered by Progent to help you to create a high-functioning work-at-home infrastructure include:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity makes it possible to create a secure tunnel for authorized remote workers to use IT assets situated at your corporate datacenter or in a public cloud. Progent can assist your company to deploy and manage VPN connections between your teleworkers and your key IT resources by providing online VPN integration consulting. For organizations with Cisco's ASA firewalls, Progent's Cisco ASA consultants can assist your at-home workers to set up Cisco's popular AnyConnect software for secure VPN tunneling for a broad selection of devices such as Windows, macOS, Apple iOS, Linux, and Google Android.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) platforms enable a teleworker to view and interact with a data center computer's desktop. This gives IT managers significant control over the computing environment of telecommuters and ensures them a familiar work experience. Progent's virtual desktop services include Windows Remote Desktop integration and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops expertise.
- Routers attach home networks to the Internet and typically support VPN tunnels, local Wi-Fi networks, and firewall services. Progent offers expert online support for deploying routers from a variety of vendors. See router configuration support from Cisco-certified experts.
- Home Wi-Fi networks, typically shared by families and guests, are frequently used by at-home employees to connect to their Internet router for work. This can create performance and cybersecurity issues. Progent can help you to resolve these problems by providing expertise like Cisco Aironet configuration consulting, Cisco Meraki wireless installation expertise, and Ubiquiti Unifi wireless AP setup help.
- Internet connectivity methods affect the performance and availability of connections between telecommuters and the corporate network. Vital processes might require redundant Internet access in the event the normal connection breaks. Progent offers guidance for picking Internet service providers, choosing sensible bandwidth and data volume packages, and configuring redundant Internet connections. See Internet connectivity integration services.
VoIP Solutions for Teleworkers
Extending the company phone environment to accommodate remote users is vital to maintaining an effective at-home workforce. A broad range of cloud-centric VoIP platforms are popular with small and mid-size businesses to support teleworkers. Many larger organizations rely on Cisco's modern or older products for IP voice solutions. Progent can help organizations of all sizes to design or maintain a remote VoIP service that provides the flexibility, transparency and security required for remote users. Progent's Cisco-certified CCIE Voice consultants offer high-level support to help organizations optimize their current Cisco VoIP systems to support a growing remote workforce.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) delivers advanced IP telephony features to devices like VoIP phones, media processing platforms, VoIP gateways, and mixed media software deployed throughout the network. Unified Communications Manager supports other combined media services such as unified messaging, voice/video conferencing, and team collaboration networks. For more information about Progent's CUCM expertise, visit Cisco Unified Communications Manager consulting services.
- CallManager is Cisco's earlier call-processing software and has been replaced by Cisco Unified CM or CUCM. Progent can help your company to support your existing CallManager deployment or migrate efficiently to Cisco's modern IP telephony products. For details about Progent's support services for Cisco CallManager and Cisco's other early IP voice products, see CallManager expertise.
- Cisco IP Gateways provide integration with PSTN networks and with users operating beyond the corporate firewall
like at-home workers. Progent can provide expert support for Cisco's legacy IP gateways such as the UC520, UC540 and UC560 series as well as for current Cisco SIP gateways. See Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) gateway configuration consulting.
- Additional VoIP Products supported by Progent's consultants include Vonage, Intermedia Unite and 8x8. Progent can assist you to enhance your WAN infrastructure to work with these solutions and deliver online configuration and troubleshooting expertise.
Voice/Video Conferencing for an At-Home Workforce
A wide selection of video conferencing products from leading technology companies enable online discussions, video and voice conferencing, chat sessions, and screen sharing for both onsite users and telecommuters. Many companies use multiple conferencing products to accommodate their various partners and clients. Progent can assist you to manage your existing conferencing ecosystem and enhance the experience of your remote employees.
- Skype for Business is Microsoft's popular communications product that supports real-time presence, instant messaging, audio and video calling and conferencing as well as the transparent integration of these capabilities within Office desktop and Microsoft 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook. Progent offers the skills of Microsoft-certified consultants who can assist you to set up and manage Skype for Business clients to support your at-home employees. For details about Progent's support expertise for Skype for Business, refer to Skype for Business consulting experts.
- FaceTime is Apple's multiuser video calling platform for iOS, iPadOS, iPod and Mac computers and smartphones. FaceTime works over Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connections. Newer editions of FaceTime support as many as 32 simultaneous users for voice/video calls. For details about Progent's consulting expertise for FaceTime, see Progent's FaceTime configuration expertise.
- Webex Meeting Center supports online conferencing for most desktop or mobile devices. Delivered through Cisco's Webex Cloud platform, Webex capabilities include sharing specific content or computer screens, presentations that embed rich media such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Flash videos, session capture, plus revision and playback for future reference. For details about Progent's support services for Webex as well as for other IP video solutions from Cisco, refer to Progent's Webex Meeting Center support services.
- Teams is Microsoft's follow-up for Skype for Business. Teams provides a portal for conversations, contacts, and information with features such as voice/video calling, threaded chat, plus data sharing. For details about Progent's support services for Teams and for additional Office 365 products, refer to Progent's Microsoft Teams consulting services.
- Other Conferencing Platforms supported by Progent include Google Meet, Amazon Chime, Zoom, and Slack. Progent can deliver integration and debugging expertise for these conferencing platforms and
assist you to optimize your WAN infrastructure to run them.
Microsoft Collaboration Software for Telecommuters
Microsoft's collaboration products are closely integrated with Microsoft's familiar Office and Microsoft 365 families, providing a powerful environment of productivity apps that create a cohesive user interface for exchanging data and ideas throughout a corporate network and on a broad selection of endpoint computers. Progent has provided remote consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint and Exchange Server since their initial publication and can assist businesses to tune these critical collaboration products to optimize the productivity of your remote workforce.
SharePoint utilizes web sites to promote collaboration and knowledge delivery by offering policy-driven access to data, business processes, and utilities for searching through company-wide information silos. SharePoint enables you to create protected portals that permits at-home workforce to view and edit consolidated corporate intelligence by means of Wikis, Blogs, social networking web sites, and Web Parts (Widgets). For details about Progent's SharePoint support services, refer to SharePoint configuration and application development expertise.
Exchange and Exchange Online offer secure collaboration features including public folders, shared mailboxes, and shared calendars and contacts. Progent's Microsoft certified Exchange experts can show you how to activate and utilize these features for your at-home workers. To find out about Progent's Exchange expertise, see integration consulting for Microsoft Exchange Server.
OneDrive is Microsoftís collaborative cloud storage service, comparable to GoogleDrive. Remote workers can store files to the OneDrive service, and colleagues can retrieve them securely via a web browser. Included with Microsoft 365, OneDrive allows home workers to co-author files. Edits made offline are synced when you reconnect to the Internet. To find out about Progent's support services for OneDrive, visit Microsoft Onedrive integration consulting.
Cloud Integration for Telecommuters
Progent can provide advanced remote support for enabling businesses to build, manage and troubleshoot cohesive hybrid network models that incorporate internal data centers, telecommuters, branch offices, plus public cloud resources. Progent can provide expertise for all modes of cloud service delivery including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service (SaaS). Progent can help remote workers resolve problems with cloud access, identity, and cybersecurity.
Microsoft Azure is a popular family of public cloud services that enables you to utilize IT infrastructure, servers, and critical applications hosted on Microsoft's massive cloud. Azure features over one hundred services services such as the ability to host Windows and Linux-powered virtual machines, on-demand cloud storage, email and messaging, application development with Visual Studio, and data backup. Progent can help your organization to deploy VMs on Azure Virtual Machines, integrate storage on Azure Storage services, streamline identity control with Azure Active Directory, and design data backup and recovery systems with Azure Backup. Progent's cloud experts can also help you establish protected connections to Azure for telecommuters by setting up and troubleshooting firewalls and VPN IPsec tunnels. To learn about Progent's expertise for Azure, visit Microsoft Azure consulting services.
Office 365, rebranded Microsoft 365, is Microsoft's popular suite of business productivity software and cloud services available by subscription. Microsoft applications and cloud services are marketed in a selection of bundles designed for customers ranging from students and households to large corporations. Progent offers quick and easy online contact with experts familiar with Microsoft 365-compatible client devices running Windows, Mac, iOS, and Google Android technology. Progent can help you to assess the various subscription plans offered with Office 365 and configure 365 applications for your at-home workers to achieve top business value. To find out about Progent's expertise for Microsoft Office 365, refer to Microsoft 365 integration expertise.
Microsoft 365 Exchange Online is among the most widely used cloud-based applications in the Microsoft 365 product line. Exchange Online offers the advantages of lower spending for physical infrastructure, simplified management, dynamic scaling, high reliability, and additional benefits inherent with public clouds. Microsoft has engineered Office 365 Exchange Online to operate transparently with on-premises deployments of Exchange, allowing you to create hybrid information systems. Progent's Exchange consultants are available for occasional help to get you past challenging technical roadblocks and also offer end-to-end project management outsourcing to ensure your telecommuters have convenient and secure access to your Office 365 Exchange Online environment. For details Progent's expertise for Office 365 Exchange Online, refer to Office 365 Exchange Online configuration and support consulting.
Amazon AWS is a trailblazer in the public cloud computing market and is the industry's top provider of cloud services. Progent offers rapid and economical online access to cloud integration consultants who can help your business to design, deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot hybrid information networks that incorporate Amazon AWS cloud-based services with local data centers and with other popular cloud platforms like Azure. Progent also can provide the skills of Cisco-certified CCIE networking experts to assist you to create a high-availability network model so your users have a consistent computing environment regardless of whether they are working from your headquarters, a remote branch, at home, or on the road. For information about Progent's expertise for Amazon AWS, visit Amazon AWS integration expertise.
Google Cloud Platform is a leading set of public cloud services that offers Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service products. Progent's Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco experts can assist your business to scale your current IT resources with the Google Cloud Platform, and Progent's DBA experts can show you how to make your critical apps cloud friendly so your telecommuters can take full advantage of Google Cloud services. Progent's consultants can assist your business to set up virtual machines on Google Cloud Compute Engine, plan an efficient storage system with Google Cloud Storage services, and streamline access control for teleworkers with Google Cloud Identity services. Progent's experts can also assist you to use GCP's unified management technology to control and monitor your GCP ecosystem. For details, refer to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) consulting services.
Help Desk Call Center Services for Teleworkers
A fast, enterprise-wide changeover to a from-home business model, which might be driven by a pandemic or as an element of a disaster recovery preparedness plan, can overwhelm even a well-staffed in-house Call Center. Progent's Help Desk Call Center services allow businesses of any size to outsource or augment their Call Center with Progent's online Technical Response Center (TRC) services.
- Progent's Standard Support Desk support services leverage Progent's nationwide team of online IT support experts along with enterprise-class trouble ticketing and tracking software to provide an economical, modern Call Desk. Progent's Standard Help Desk Services offer an end-to-end solution that handles all facets of remote Level 1 desktop support from initial help requests to ticket generation, screen sharing, issue resolution, and incident reporting. A browser-based User's Service Portal enables telecommuters to check or edit their active tickets, add details, and append screenshots and relevant files. Support services are delivered at a significant discount off Progent's ordinary Level 1 technical support charges, and Progent offers the option of rapid escalation to Level 2 and Level 3 IT experts to deal with complex problems. To find out more, visit Progent's Standard Helpdesk Services for small companies.
- Progent's Help Desk Augmentation Service allows you to expand your existing Help Desk staff by sharing delivery of Help Desk Call Center services transparently between your regular support staff and Progent's extensive team of desktop support technicians and subject matter specialists. Progent's shared Support Desk service is based on a co-sourcing support solution utilizing the leading professional services automation tool for handling help requests and ticketing, assigning responsibility, monitoring progress, and producing reports. For information about how Progent's Call Desk Augmentation Services can enable your company to deliver world-class desktop support to your telecommuters, go to Progent's Call Desk augmentation Services.
Cybersecurity for Remote Workers
Remote workers commonly run their personal computers and work in a physically unsecured space. This worsens their vulnerability to cyber attacks and requires judicious use of security appliances, remote monitoring, and the creation of security policies that adhere to leading practices. Progent's seasoned team of certified data security experts can assist your business to design, implement and administer a compliant cybersecurity environment that protects sensitive information in IT networks that include telecommuters.
- Firewalls allow companies to create a network that can be securely accessed by on-premises users as well as by teleworkers, mobile employees, suppliers, customers, and the public. Next-generation firewall devices permit you to assign and manage different access rights to different classes of users and to expand your IT network and adjust your security as your company evolves and as cyber threats grow more sophisticated. Progent supports both new and legacy firewall devices from all major manufacturers including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, Juniper, SonicWall and Fortinet. To find out more about Progent's firewall configuration expertise, visit firewall integration and support expertise.
- Remote Endpoint Monitoring makes it easy to watch over the various computers used by teleworkers and either block or spot and mitigate modern threats like ransomware. With ProSight Active Security Monitoring services, a lightweight agent is put on every protected endpoint, monitoring all activity and using state-of-the-art machine learning to identify zero-day attacks before they can spread. When a cyberattack is spotted, ProSight ASM immediately disconnects the targeted device from the corporate network to contain the threat. Because the ProSight ASM software agent is self-contained, endpoint devices stay protected even when they are not connected to the Internet. To find out more about ProSight Active Security Monitoring, see remote endpoint monitoring for remote workers.
- Security Audits can evaluate the exposure of your information system to all types of external and local security threats for an environment that incorporates an at-home workforce. Progent can run online, automated cybersecurity inventory software for quickly and affordably detecting a wide variety of security holes that can be surfaced over the Internet. Progent's endpoint security assessment consulting services, which can be managed by security experts with top credentials such as CISA, ISSAP, and GIAC, can help your company to evaluate your processes and policies and review your WAN architecture to allow you to implement top-level security for your at-home workers.
Data Protection Solutions for Remote Workers
Data Protection involves saving and recovering critical information in order to avoid data loss and minimize recovery time and effort in the event of storage system problems due to hardware breakdowns, programming hiccups, human error, cyber attack, or any other reason. Dependable data protection strategies can be particularly difficult to design and manage in hybrid networks that combine private data centers, cloud resources, and an at-home workforce.
- Backup/Restore solutions for at-home workers must cover diverse kinds of personally owned endpoints. Progent offers quick online help from experts knowledgeable about a broad array of platforms for backing up Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac and Linux/UNIX powered servers and desktop computers as well as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Popular backup/recovery solutions supported by Progent's data protection consultants include Barracuda Backup, Microsoft Azure Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, CrashPlan, Mozy, and Time Machine. To protect data spread throughout a wide area network, Progent can provide ProSight Data Protection Services, a backup/recovery subscription service that uses cloud storage and includes granular restore and unified management capabilities.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity strategies typically anticipate scenarios that call for a quick changeover to a work-at-home environment. Progent's expert disaster recovery planning consultants and business continuity specialists can assist you to produce, document and test a DR/BC strategy that addresses the logistics of switching to an at-home workforce.
Unified Management for Teleworkers
Microsoft has rebranded and rebundled its endpoint management products under the name Endpoint Manager, which includes Intune for cloud-based management of mobile and remote devices and Configuration Manager for managing on-premises endpoints. Endpoint Manager provides a unified platform for safeguarding critical information by managing on-premises, mobile, and at-home endpoint devices.
Intune is part of Microsoft's Endpoint Management family that also includes Configuration Manager. Intune is a cloud service for managing and securing off-premises computers and software. Managed endpoint computers can be personally owned or business owned. Network administrators managing the endpoint computers of at-home workers can use Intune to deploy and authenticate apps on managed devices, push patches and certificates, configure policies for permission to access data and networks, set passwords, create VPN connections, determine how home-based workers share information, set up threat protection, verify compliance, and delete sensitive data from lost, stolen or decommissioned devices. Microsoft Intune runs with iOS/iPadOS, Android, Windows, and macOS devices. To find out about Intune and how Progent can help you to use this platform to manage the endpoint devices of your teleworkers, see Intune teleworker endpoint management consultants.
VMware Workspace ONE
VMware Workspace ONE is an advanced unified MDM product that allows network managers to keep remote endpoint devices current and secure. Workspace ONE incorporates VMware AirWatch technology for centralized endpoint management along with VMware's Horizon virtual application delivery platform for authorization control, app management, and configuration management of endpoints. Workspace ONE operates with devices based on Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Google Android, Chrome OS, or leading distributions of Linux. VMware Workspace ONE is offered by subscription as a cloud-based service or as an on-premises product through a perpetual license. Top capabilities of VMware Workspace ONE include fast remote deployment of new notebooks, quick onboarding of new employees, policy set up and enforcement for all classes of devices, unifies reporting and analytics, email encryption, and tight integration with Microsoft apps and cloud services. To find out about Progent's support for VMware Workspace ONE, visit VMware Workspace ONE mobile endpoint management expertise.
Contact Progent for Remote Workforce Support Services
To get in touch with Progent about creating and maintaining a productive work-from-home solution for your Santa Cruz, California organization, phone 1-800-993-9400 or go to Contact Progent.